Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D owners / If you recently took Deliver / Rejected Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a P3D on 3/17/2019. Originally they assigned a 2018 VIN. I refused it and requested a 2019 VIN. I was finally assigned a new VIN a few days ago, but I have suspicions it may be a previously rejected car. This VIN seems to be a late JAN or Early FEB build. 5YJ3E1EB9KF265518

It seems like most people taking delivery of new build are in the 320,000 + range.

If you recently took delivery of a P3D can you let me know order date, delivery date, and VIN to the nearest thousandth?

I've checked the spreadsheet, it looks like it has pretty much died. Highest P3D VIN I see on there is 198,455 ? Unless I'm not filtering properly.
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 10.16.47 AM.png

I'm sorry, but you aren't going to get a cake hot out of the oven.

They make cars in batches, depending on colors and features. They've seem to run a batch for about a week and then move on. Add some shipping to it and some inventory time and 8 weeks is pretty much right out of the factory.

It is sometimes so much better to be ignorant and happy than anal and upset.

Yes same car, but resale WILL BE affected simply because it says 2019.
Probably not as much as you think. Since Tesla changes things fairly frequently, people are learning to price them based on features and build date in relation to when changes were made and not strictly by VIN year.

Also, a lot of changes from early 2018 to later 2018 models.
Yes, and because of that people know when changes were put in place and value cars appropriately. So that a Feb. 2018 build is priced differently from a July one based on the headliner and rear seat change. Since there were no changes made between a hypothetical Dec 2018 build and now, they should be priced very similarly.

Yes same car, but resale WILL BE affected simply because it says 2019.

That's not how this works. And if you're worried about resale value, you shouldn't be buying a new car you should buy a used one that's already taken the initial depreciation hit.

Also, a lot of changes from early 2018 to later 2018 models.

Not for the P3D, which was always built in the tent and had higher quality than all the other trims. Also, they aren't offering you an early 2018 because the P3D didn't exist in early 2018 and only started deliveries in July.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Any Model 3s built for at least the next month and a half is going overseas.

That and every car needs to be judged on its own merits.

Wholesale acceptance or rejection based on vin alone speaks of madness.