Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+/P3D- Owners: Do You Ever Use Chill Mode?

Do You Use Chill Mode?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious to know who uses Chill Mode. I've had my P3D+ for a little over 2 weeks and I've only tried Chill Mode once. I know the benefits of it, especially if you're taking a trip, but I just can't see myself using it unless I really need to be cognizant about range. Anyone else feel this way? Seems like a crime to not have power available in these cars at all times.

I never do, but I don't drive in snow conditions so I upvoted that usage scenario. We have an X for those times.

Modulating the accelerator pedal does just fine for being "chill" (and winning the recurring mental battle to resist stomping on it).

8BFC5CF6-AEC3-4926-9F0E-5FFA1DC8D6BB.jpeg

Me, no, but my wifes profile for my car has it enabled (by her choice, not mine, before someone jumps on me). She says my car is "too fast", and pedal "too sensitive", without it.

For me, I just press lighter on the pedal when I want to drive slower.

I know what you mean, I told my wife to chill just last week. Sorry, gotta go, this cast is really itchy.........

No seriously, I have tried Chill mode a number of times when playing with range/efficiency. I don't think it matters/helps unless you can't control your foot. I initially thought it might help when temperatures were below freezing and/or with snow and such, but it doesn't. Why? Because under those conditions the car has its own private chill mode. Meaning power is limited anyway..........you don't got no performance mode nohow.........

I'm curious to know who uses Chill Mode. I've had my P3D+ for a little over 2 weeks and I've only tried Chill Mode once. I know the benefits of it, especially if you're taking a trip, but I just can't see myself using it unless I really need to be cognizant about range. Anyone else feel this way? Seems like a crime to not have power available in these cars at all times.

You know the benefits of it? There is no benefit to it. The amount of battery drain while driving is directly proportional to the amount of pressure you put on the go pedal. Therefore, if you drive conservatively, there will be no difference in the battery drain whether you have it in chill mode or ludicrous mode.

I know there are a lot of different types of people buying these cars, but my partner and I (both women in our 30s) don’t see why there’s a chill mode. It’s not her primary car, but she loves driving it and appreciates it for how quick it is, which is why I bought the car in the first place.