Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D- Putting the feelers out there

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, not in any hurry to sell but just curious what my 2018 Stealth Performance 3 would be worth.

I'm on the West coast and my car has;

Blue paint with premium white interior
18" aero wheels
EAP
34k miles

Car was $72,700 from Tesla and I've been following some sleeper threads to learn more about it. Don't really want to post pics, if you're interested I'll send them through PM. (It looks just as described)

Any general advice or info is appreciated, I really love the car, best Tesla I've owned. I'm just curious considering how crazy stuff is right now.

The car can be upgraded to FSD for 4k. Haven't pulled the trigger on it because after spending 5k for EAP it doesn't make sense to me to spend a total of 9k for FSD when new it's only 7k. That's just how it is I guess, but it's frustrating.

Thank you all again!

I've been closely monitoring the asking prices of Sleeper P3D-. Most people are asking $49K for theirs. But they haven't been selling.
But I think yours with EAP, Blue paint and white interior would be worth around $45k-47k. Don't shoot the messenger. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

No worries man, I really appreciate the input!

I had a guy PM me (kev1n) who said that if I'd go under 40k he'd be interested.

He said for comparison, there is a car, same as mine, but real performance and FSD with 25k miles for 48k.

He lives in the Bay Area. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of such a car because if it exists, I myself would be very interested!

• Funny
Reactions: alloverx
I have the same car but with black interior, why did you pay almost 10K more than I did? Picked up mine in Nov '18.

Mine was August as well, still no idea why it's 10k more.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 3.13.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 3.13.54 PM.png
    979.6 KB · Views: 70
I wouldn't sell it for under $40k. I suggest to bring the car to CarMax, Shift, even Tesla and ask them what they would give you on trade-in.

There are some gems out there to be found. I saw one P3D w PUP package for $45K a couple times. But they were black on black with no FSD, only standard AP.

The Blue on white package is one of the most beautiful combos out there in my opinion

Reactions: coldeath
Does anyone know why the FSD still costs 4k more after paying 5k already for EAP?
I wouldn’t pay a dime extra because it doesn’t give you any extra benefit. When we bought my new Performance S last year I’m pretty sure it was another $2k then. I wouldn’t pay $2k for nothing at the time so I’m about twice less likely to pay $4k for nothing today. Tesla will likely have another sale. History always repeats itself and with today’s market they are not making any money and a sale generates cash.

I wouldn’t pay a dime extra because it doesn’t give you any extra benefit. When we bought my new Performance S last year I’m pretty sure it was another $2k then. I wouldn’t pay $2k for nothing at the time so I’m about twice less likely to pay $4k for nothing today. Tesla will likely have another sale. History always repeats itself and with today’s market they are not making any money and a sale generates cash.

You think that it might actually go on sale? Musk is saying the price will go up again in July.

Reactions: Dan Wang
Advertising a price increase ahead of time is just marketing trying to push sales. Autopilot is one of the big draws to Tesla and now when competition has comparable systems for much cheaper it seems like it might not be the ideal time to get even pricier and erode one of Teslas advantages. We bought our last car with base AP because it is large percentage of the cost of a Performance 3. Base AP does 99 percent of the useful part of FSD. On our FSD the only real benefit of FSD seems to be the ability to change lanes without momentary disengagement and reengagement of AP, which isn’t an issue, in fact it is quicker. If the cost was half of what they are currently charging Tesla might have a significantly higher take rate. Tesla doesn’t publish the take rates of FSD that I’m aware of but it would be interesting to know. If I was going on a road trip and had to choose between AP or FSD believe it or not I think I’d choose base AP for the ability to change lanes quicker when I want.

Last edited:
Any general advice or info is appreciated, I really love the car, best Tesla I've owned. I'm just curious considering how crazy stuff is right now.

Depends on your motivation...

We just sold our P3D- but only because our kids are entering driving age -- it's too much car for them (and exposure to us). So we contemplated waiting a couple more months, but decided to pull the trigger based on:

• Your car will only be worth less in the future vs. what it is today.
  • If you wouldn't buy it for what you'd sell it for today, you should probably pull the trigger.
  • Used car prices are softening pretty quickly, and are likely to stay that way for the next 12+ months as we are in/entering a recession+.
So if you're planning on changing cars in the next <12 months, I'd suggest selling it. If you list it for a fair price, it will sell quickly.

Depends on your motivation...

We just sold our P3D- but only because our kids are entering driving age -- it's too much car for them (and exposure to us). So we contemplated waiting a couple more months, but decided to pull the trigger based on:

• Your car will only be worth less in the future vs. what it is today.
  • If you wouldn't buy it for what you'd sell it for today, you should probably pull the trigger.
  • Used car prices are softening pretty quickly, and are likely to stay that way for the next 12+ months as we are in/entering a recession+.
So if you're planning on changing cars in the next <12 months, I'd suggest selling it. If you list it for a fair price, it will sell quickly.

Thanks for all the input guys!

FSD argument is tough, I can see both sides of it but not sure if I should just do it and increase resale value or leave it for someone else to buy, even if it's 5k come July.

On a side note, ICE vehicles are seeing significant pressure to the downside due to auctions being closed. Car dealerships are seeing little traffic and lease returns are piling up as well as fleet resales from rental companies.

Less incentive for people to be shopping for new cars when they are sheltering in place.

Tesla seems to less effected because most resales happen either via internet or still in business wholesalers like CarMax.

Hard to get a firm price evaluation for your car right now without it actually being up for sale where you can see real offers.

Most are just setting out this epidemic and waiting for things to open back up.

GF and I went out for a nice back country cruise through the back roads of N. San Diego/Riverside county yesterday. Was a great break from sitting inside watching TV. The trees were coming into full bloom, the wildflowers were popping and the air felt sweet and clean.