Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D Reference Consumption

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a delivery date for my P3D+! However, my first trip from the dealership is going to be a 650 mile road trip.

Abetterrouteplanner.com does not have reference consumption for a P3D with 20” rims. I searched the forums and can’t find any direct answers. Would anyone be willing to share what theirs is? Most of the trip will be freeway driving.

I have driven my P3D+ a grand total of 240 miles since I took delivery yesterday. That said I had 90% leaving the sales center, 190 miles later I Supercharged because I had 20% left. If you’re making your first P3D experience I suspect you’ll not do better. Of course you could, but you won’t. It has the handling response of a Porsche 911 but with instant aggressive response. Frankly I doubt that any new owner will be able to resist. If I am any indication you’ll end out at or above 350 wHmi at the beginning.

If you had better self discipline would you have bought a P3D?
BTW, mine is a much better car than was my P85D. My spouse is loving it too.

Someone who has better self control than do I might be able to give a different view.

• Funny
Reactions: evpulse and RyanT
evtripplanner.com
If you look carefully you'll find there are not metrics for P3D or P3D+ on evtripplanner. Thus far i am using a P85D as reference since we can be assured taht P3D+ will not be worse.
The Model 3 is SR (55kWh) or LR (80kWh)
Both are estimates but do not have the degree of precision or accuracy as do other Tesla models.
that said, I do use evtripplanner with supercharge.info and Plugshare to supplement. It's not perfect but still beats all the others, for me anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have driven my P3D+ a grand total of 240 miles since I took delivery yesterday. That said I had 90% leaving the sales center, 190 miles later I Supercharged because I had 20% left. If you’re making your first P3D experience I suspect you’ll not do better. Of course you could, but you won’t. It has the handling response of a Porsche 911 but with instant aggressive response. Frankly I doubt that any new owner will be able to resist. If I am any indication you’ll end out at or above 350 wHmi at the beginning.

If you had better self discipline would you have bought a P3D?
BTW, mine is a much better car than was my P85D. My spouse is loving it too.

Someone who has better self control than do I might be able to give a different view.

Yeah, I imagine for the first two Supercharger stops I’ll probably be enjoying the crap out of it on the freeway. I am estimating a total of six supercharger stops to finish the journey with 20 to 25 minutes at each stop. I’ll be staying at a friends house who is absolutely in love with Teslas, so he is generously offering me his 15-20 outdoor wall plug when I get there.

• Love
Reactions: jbcarioca
I've had mine (18" rims without the aero covers) for a month and gone on a day trip and now a longer road trip through the mountains, probably over 1000 miles on it. I'm averaging around 260-270 Wh/mile, driving at or slightly above the speed limit on the trips (60-75mph).

Like others said you will probably have more lead foot moments at the beginning and while giving rides to others. Just do most of them when you have extra range left before getting to the supercharger :)