Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D spoiler and badging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simple really. Tesla has net terms with every supplier to help manage their cash flow.

The spoiler and badge vendors laughed Elon out of the room when he said "Funding secured" for net-60. It's cash on delivery for those folks and free cash flow might not materialize until Q1-2019. ;)

This is a confirmed story? I hadn’t heard this but still find it odd that we get cars filled with all of sorts of complex components where the vendors were fine with the terms but the stick on spoiler and plastic badge vendors were the two that rebelled.

Reactions: Nocturnal
This is a confirmed story? I hadn’t heard this but still find it odd that we get cars filled with all of sorts of complex components where the vendors were fine with the terms but the stick on spoiler and plastic badge vendors were the two that rebelled.
It does sound weird. It's not as if there is only 1 company that can make a stupid plastic badge.

Don’t forget to include the free LTE/maps/Slacker for life, it was all a hoax to get orders in early. ;)

No joke, but I feel Tesla may just retro the current customers with FREE LTE service.

You may be right that they said it just to raise the sales.

I don't see in vehicle purchase agreement and doesn't show the price on the order page or account page, like EAP or FSD.

They did this with Free Supercharging so many times. LTE Connection may be on the same path...

We will see how this goes as standard battery without Premium Interior is introduced.

No joke, but I feel Tesla may just retro the current customers with FREE LTE service.

You may be right that they said it just to raise the sales.

I don't see in vehicle purchase agreement and doesn't show the price on the order page or account page, like EAP or FSD.

They did this with Free Supercharging so many times. LTE Connection may be on the same path...

We will see how this goes as standard battery without Premium Interior is introduced.

SR Model 3 requires you bring your own tablet. ;)

They gotta make their margins somehow.

• Funny
Reactions: Maximilien
Badge doesn’t matter to me but the spoiler is a design feature that you would think they would be able to deliver sooner rather than later. It’s not like this is the first model they are offering a spoiler with.

I’m fine waiting because this car for me is all about the drive, interior, and overall EV experience. However it would be nice to wrap this up so that there isn’t anything outstanding on the delivery front.

It would be hilarious if Elon introduces new Model 3 and tells the buyers to bring their own iPad to dock onto Model 3.

New Advertised Price $35,000 --> $34,000.

Create the Tesla Driving App in App store.

Less hardware, more software = more margin??

There are two crazy paradoxes related to Tesla I can't figure out at the moment.

1.) Military grade battery system YEARS ahead of the competition but can't print some badges or make a spoiler? Really Elon?

2.) Why Apple hasnt gone in, bought 20% stake and throw up iOS and iPads into the cars? Flipping angry birds into pigs while at a red light would be trillions in potential revenue.

Reactions: austinmichaeld
Don’t forget to include the free LTE/maps/Slacker for life, it was all a hoax to get orders in early. ;)
Yea my wife and I were having a conversation last night about the referral stuff. I could’ve referred myself for my P3D+ if I waited but I will lose lifetime premium Internet. Then she said you never know they could possibly offer it as a demand lever again because currently they don’t even have a plan/price for the paid Internet. I just need one more referral for a nice set of rims!

There are two crazy paradoxes related to Tesla I can't figure out at the moment.

1.) Military grade battery system YEARS ahead of the competition but can't print some badges or make a spoiler? Really Elon?

2.) Why Apple hasnt gone in, bought 20% stake and throw up iOS and iPads into the cars? Flipping angry birds into pigs while at a red light would be trillions in potential revenue.

Haha, regarding #2, that's an awesome idea. More job opportunities for software developers.

The App Store market for Apple and Google Play market are saturated. New Opportunities on Tesla App market?

Maybe it is Elon's big picture once the FSD is rolled out, people can play games on the gigantic screen while the car drive itself!! :cool:

Win-win for everyone

• Love
Reactions: MXWing
I’ve total customized the look of my car with full black out chrome delete and 20” satin black forged wheels. I’ve even replace the white dash trim with carbon fiber. Only thing missing is my carbon spoiler. My dealer is say no ETA. Kinda ridiculous. Also plan on lowering the car when springs become available.

Am I supposed to receive any notification from Tesla about these items? Or do I need to ask the SC about them to put me on waitlist? No one has mentioned anything at all including the guy who delivered the car to my home.

Reactions: DDotJ