Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D spoiler and badging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's funny how easy it is to forget that we paid for these things. When I took delivery, there wasn't any mention of them, despite them being line items on the upgrade package. Has anyone gotten word on when we should expect these to be available for installation?

I asked that tesla refund me the appropriate amount of $$$,
given they hadn't delivered mine, nor had a date of delivery?
the response I got was "you'll have them in 2 weeks!"
that was 5 weeks ago! HA!

• Funny
Reactions: tambam
You guys seem to think you are dealing with a long established well oiled company. Tesla is being run by the seat of the pants, struggling to achieve profitability. It's life or death. They make promises they can't deliver on every day (multiple times a day). If you don't want to be in this mode you probably shouldn't buy a car from them. They will eventually make things right, but on their timeline, not yours.

You guys seem to think you are dealing with a long established well oiled company. Tesla is being run by the seat of the pants, struggling to achieve profitability. It's life or death. They make promises they can't deliver on every day (multiple times a day). If you don't want to be in this mode you probably shouldn't buy a car from them. They will eventually make things right, but on their timeline, not yours.
Stuff happens but a delay like this is just stupid. The lack of communication is the worst part.

Reactions: spurs10
I think just being honest about things as best as they can and being polite while doing it still should be expected from a company that is as big as Tesla. After all their product is awesome when correctly executed. I also got the P3D+ and not a word of mention about the dual motor badging nor the spoiler during the delivery. No apologies or even realistic expected delivery time frame. I didn't bring it up because I knew this was the current status as a forum reader but a brief mention of it would have been nice just to know that it will be delivered in the future without much fuss on my part. They just wanted you to sign the paperwork as fast as you can and take the vehicle out of the lots ASAP so that they can get to their next delivery schedule. Felt like going through fast food restaurant rather than an upscale restaurant even though they are charging for it. Despite the great product, this dampens the experience just enough for some people to sway from promoting Tesla and purchasing more. So far I am hanging in there hoping to build a better future.

Uh... I get that. And have first hand experience of that. Was asking if anyone has heard anything.

I actually don't mind if mine comes on the car or not. That gives me the option to sell it if I don't like how it looks and get one of the aftermarket spoilers. I'm sure there's someone out there that wants their standard 3 to look like a P.

The guy who assisted me at the delivery center said the spoilers and badges were already at the service centers and I just needed to set up an appointment. I knew that was bs just to get me out of there, but I just let it go.

I find it surprising that they have a supply chain that supplies all sorts of things but plastic badges and a stick on spoiler have unknown delivery times. There has to be more to this story.

Simple really. Tesla has net terms with every supplier to help manage their cash flow.

The spoiler and badge vendors laughed Elon out of the room when he said "Funding secured" for net-60. It's cash on delivery for those folks and free cash flow might not materialize until Q1-2019. ;)