TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

P3D+ Spoiler/DM badge Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by P3D_Denver, Aug 22, 2018.

1. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

Hey my P3D+ friends, i took delivery August 11 2018 and I was told that I might get my carbon fiber spoiler and dual motor badge in October. I live in Denver, CO.

Curious what you guys are hearing? Also post if you have a date that you received or when you have an installation appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you!

2. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Took delivery August 7th. I've only been told that "Due Bill for badging and spoiler is automatically created and you will be contacted by the service center for appointment."

• Like x 1
  3. ronin

ronin Member

People still haven't gotten these? Seems a bit silly they haven't installed these yet.

4. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

totally agree, how hard is it to ramp up carbon fiber lip spoilers and metal badges? they were on demo cars, so its not like they have a supplier or need to design. IMO, they really need Apple to buy them and have Tim Cook fix their supply chain / production issues.

5. tambam

tambam Member

Checking in. I wasn't given any sort of ETA.

6. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

ya, i asked and was called back by local Service dept.

7. favo

favo P3D+ owner

Has anyone gotten the Tesla spoiler and badge yet? I notice that neither of the two test drive P3D+'s in Raleigh came with the spoiler or badging. One annoyance with not getting the spoiler is what to do about ceramic coating. I have heard it's not a good idea to mount the spoiler on top of the ceramic coat, since it will be a slicker surface than plain paint and clearcoat. I guess I will have my ceramic installer skip the edge of the trunk where the spoiler goes, or maybe the whole trunk. Need to see what they think.

8. forkee

forkee Member

my mobile services contact notified me that eta is estimated by sept

9. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

my installer chose to ceramic coat the entire car and told me he will install the spoiler and remove some of the ceramic on the lip..he said that was the best option. talk to your ceramic guy about that.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

i like hearing that.

anyone wanna place bets on my windshield replacement vs receiving spoiler...LOL

11. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Advisor on phone yesterday said I wouldn’t get spoiler/badge/and even pedals on delivery day. Asked her for ETA and she was up front: “I have no clue”.

I could care less about the badge. It’ll go in the kitchen junk drawer. But I really want the spoiler. Pedals would be nice but whatever. :)

It’s silly that this stuff isn’t installed from the factory.

12. ronin

ronin Member

Especially when dropping an additional 5K on the performance upgrade package. Personally, I hope the installer at the storefront will take their time to putting on the spoiler appropriately vs factory installed.

• Like x 1
  13. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

it applies with doublesided tape, they probably have a template and just stick it on. less than 5mins

14. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Yeah, on the other hand I'm glad they didn't hold up my car to wait or them.

• Like x 2
  15. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

#15 MXWing, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    I think there must be some truth to Tesla not paying their suppliers or at least the spoiler and badge manufacturer.

Elon asked told them don’t worry, everyone is going to get paid, funding secured, etc etc and they emailed back and said “LOL - COD only dawg - We heard that funding secured line before.”

Perhaps Q1-2019 once there is some positive free cash flow. I use this as my Model 3 badge for now.

DFAF3BDF-3977-41D0-89DE-5F1B9F4EA657.jpeg

• Funny x 1
  16. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

I am sure they have a template to make it perfect every time.

Went to visit my detailer today. Scheduled to drop my car off on Sunday Sept. 9 (taking delivery of the car on the 8th if everything goes well) so they can start working on it first thing Monday morning. PPF/tint/sending wheels for powdercoat should take 3-4 days. I am going to pass on ceramic coating for now. The PPF is already enough protection, and the coating really just makes it easier to clean. Since I plan to hand wash myself, I'm not too worried about it. There's been some signs of the more robust coatings like Modesta interfering with the self healing properties of some films too.

There will be no problem with the spoiler being installed on top of the PPF.

17. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

P3D0... I think I have enough left over from my other cars. Lol.

• Funny x 1
  18. ryanjm

ryanjm Tesla Podcast Host

I have heard October as well.

19. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

best podcast ever!!!!! well maybe if the RTL logo worked in our Teslas...sorry Ryan just kidding

• Funny x 1
  20. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

Until then, ICE cars won't have a clue what they're pulling up against at the stoplight. Yes, they could tell by the red calipers and maybe the larger wheels, but hard to see those when you're side by side. ;)