Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ Spoiler/DM badge Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey my P3D+ friends, i took delivery August 11 2018 and I was told that I might get my carbon fiber spoiler and dual motor badge in October. I live in Denver, CO.

Curious what you guys are hearing? Also post if you have a date that you received or when you have an installation appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you!

People still haven't gotten these? Seems a bit silly they haven't installed these yet.
totally agree, how hard is it to ramp up carbon fiber lip spoilers and metal badges? they were on demo cars, so its not like they have a supplier or need to design. IMO, they really need Apple to buy them and have Tim Cook fix their supply chain / production issues.

Has anyone gotten the Tesla spoiler and badge yet? I notice that neither of the two test drive P3D+'s in Raleigh came with the spoiler or badging. One annoyance with not getting the spoiler is what to do about ceramic coating. I have heard it's not a good idea to mount the spoiler on top of the ceramic coat, since it will be a slicker surface than plain paint and clearcoat. I guess I will have my ceramic installer skip the edge of the trunk where the spoiler goes, or maybe the whole trunk. Need to see what they think.

Has anyone gotten the Tesla spoiler and badge yet? I notice that neither of the two test drive P3D+'s in Raleigh came with the spoiler or badging. One annoyance with not getting the spoiler is what to do about ceramic coating. I have heard it's not a good idea to mount the spoiler on top of the ceramic coat, since it will be a slicker surface than plain paint and clearcoat. I guess I will have my ceramic installer skip the edge of the trunk where the spoiler goes, or maybe the whole trunk. Need to see what they think.
my installer chose to ceramic coat the entire car and told me he will install the spoiler and remove some of the ceramic on the lip..he said that was the best option. talk to your ceramic guy about that.

• Informative
Reactions: Richt and favo
Advisor on phone yesterday said I wouldn’t get spoiler/badge/and even pedals on delivery day. Asked her for ETA and she was up front: “I have no clue”.

I could care less about the badge. It’ll go in the kitchen junk drawer. But I really want the spoiler. Pedals would be nice but whatever. :)

It’s silly that this stuff isn’t installed from the factory.

Advisor on phone yesterday said I wouldn’t get spoiler/badge/and even pedals on delivery day. Asked her for ETA and she was up front: “I have no clue”.

I could care less about the badge. It’ll go in the kitchen junk drawer. But I really want the spoiler. Pedals would be nice but whatever. :)

It’s silly that this stuff isn’t installed from the factory.
Especially when dropping an additional 5K on the performance upgrade package. Personally, I hope the installer at the storefront will take their time to putting on the spoiler appropriately vs factory installed.

Reactions: TheLocNar
totally agree, how hard is it to ramp up carbon fiber lip spoilers and metal badges? they were on demo cars, so its not like they have a supplier or need to design. IMO, they really need Apple to buy them and have Tim Cook fix their supply chain / production issues.
Yeah, on the other hand I'm glad they didn't hold up my car to wait or them.

Reactions: akidesir and MXWing
I think there must be some truth to Tesla not paying their suppliers or at least the spoiler and badge manufacturer.

Elon asked told them don’t worry, everyone is going to get paid, funding secured, etc etc and they emailed back and said “LOL - COD only dawg - We heard that funding secured line before.”

Perhaps Q1-2019 once there is some positive free cash flow. I use this as my Model 3 badge for now.

DFAF3BDF-3977-41D0-89DE-5F1B9F4EA657.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
Especially when dropping an additional 5K on the performance upgrade package. Personally, I hope the installer at the storefront will take their time to putting on the spoiler appropriately vs factory installed.

I am sure they have a template to make it perfect every time.

Went to visit my detailer today. Scheduled to drop my car off on Sunday Sept. 9 (taking delivery of the car on the 8th if everything goes well) so they can start working on it first thing Monday morning. PPF/tint/sending wheels for powdercoat should take 3-4 days. I am going to pass on ceramic coating for now. The PPF is already enough protection, and the coating really just makes it easier to clean. Since I plan to hand wash myself, I'm not too worried about it. There's been some signs of the more robust coatings like Modesta interfering with the self healing properties of some films too.

There will be no problem with the spoiler being installed on top of the PPF.