Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ Spoiler/DM badge Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Advisor on phone yesterday said I wouldn’t get spoiler/badge/and even pedals on delivery day. Asked her for ETA and she was up front: “I have no clue”.

I could care less about the badge. It’ll go in the kitchen junk drawer. But I really want the spoiler. Pedals would be nice but whatever. :)

It’s silly that this stuff isn’t installed from the factory.

Pedals were already on mine. No badge or spoiler though.

• Informative
Reactions: TheLocNar
As someone who wants to black out some of the dual motor badge, what order should I do the following:

1. Chrome delete
2. PPF
3. Ceramic

Should I wait until the badge comes in, then do the delete, PPF, and ceramic, despite the badge delivery date bring up in the air?

Should I PPF now, then when the badge comes in, do chrome delete and ceramic?

Something else?

As someone who wants to black out some of the dual motor badge, what order should I do the following:

1. Chrome delete
2. PPF
3. Ceramic

Should I wait until the badge comes in, then do the delete, PPF, and ceramic, despite the badge delivery date bring up in the air?

Something else?

so i had all of this done day 1 so i will be bringing my car back to my detailer to black out badge and then install badge and spoiler. he will remove some of the ceramic to apply spoiler and badge.

Reactions: Vegan Pleather
Ceramic last, for sure, based on what my detailer told me (my trunk panel is un-coated right now, until the badge and spoiler go on).

1. Chrome delete
2. PPF
3. Ceramic

Something else?

Reactions: Vegan Pleather
Tesla sent this email to me, fwiw

Thanks for reaching out. Badges and spoilers for the performance Model 3 will not be available until late October at the earliest. It will most likely be November before customers begin to receive them. Once they arrive you should be contacted by your local service team about installation. Congratulations on your new car. Have a great rest of your day.

Tesla sent this email to me, fwiw

Thanks for reaching out. Badges and spoilers for the performance Model 3 will not be available until late October at the earliest. It will most likely be November before customers begin to receive them. Once they arrive you should be contacted by your local service team about installation. Congratulations on your new car. Have a great rest of your day.
Thanks for the update. But still ridiculous that it’s so late. Really should give us a free service or something lol.

Don't forget us lowly 3D owners are supposed to get a badge as well just missing the "underline".

I personally think they are so close to the wire on posting a profit this quarter that they are not going to "order" these parts until after the quarter is past. So Oct 1st.

Just imagine in dollar terms how much this screw up is costing them. They are going to have to schedule service appointments and spend man hour time installing badges on 10s of thousands of cars that should have had it done at the factory. Kind of crazy.

Reactions: jsrawa
What are the opinions on the Performance designation being just the red line under dual motor?

Seems like the S and X P cars get an obvious logo to signify their status as a P car.

Any theory why Tesla wants to downplay the P aspect of their 3s?