Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D Stealth Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks.

Has anyone tested the performance of their P3D stealth? I would love to know if it is the same speed as the P3D with PUP... Especially now since we have a 'unique' orphaned car. It would be annoying to find out that non PUPs are slower than 3.3s 0-60

I don't have a speed test gadget so can't test mine. Unless someone would like to lend me one, I'm in the Bay Area :)

They're probably a bit quicker since they have lighter wheels and lighter brakes. They do lack the improved aerodynamics of the carbon fiber spoiler though. Seriously though there are a bunch of measured results on this forum that show they are exactly the same.

Reactions: Jtt777
Hi folks.

Has anyone tested the performance of their P3D stealth? I would love to know if it is the same speed as the P3D with PUP... Especially now since we have a 'unique' orphaned car. It would be annoying to find out that non PUPs are slower than 3.3s 0-60

I don't have a speed test gadget so can't test mine. Unless someone would like to lend me one, I'm in the Bay Area :)

No...it would be annoying to find out that non PUPs are 3.3 0-60. That indeed would be extremely annoying.

Reactions: lozza
Ok...the thread is getting mixed up then.

@Funkmobile mentioned AWD and that's what I was replying to earlier.

I don't even see a P3D+ or P3D- option on the website anymore.
It's not available which is why the OP mentioned it was orphaned
Especially now since we have a 'unique' orphaned car.

Instead, they sell it with the PUP with the same price.... which is why many of us are getting refunds.

Reactions: Msjulie
P3+ and P3- have the same 0-60 performance, both in listed Tesla spec and based on actual measurements owners have posted here in the past.

Likewise the AWD matches Tesla specs and is 1 full second slower 0-60.

The confusion comes in where Tesla changed how they advertise the P (only) to knock .2 off for rollout, which they don't do when listing specs on non-P cars but they all gain about the same benefit from it.

So anyway the "real life" numbers (ignoring rollout) are 3.5 for both P models and 4.5 for AWD.... or ~3.3 both Ps and ~4.3 (4.26 from last owner test I saw) when including rollout.

Also interesting to note the AWD is still almost exactly 1 second slower vs the P at the end of the 1/4 mile (and with a fairly close trap speed too), reflecting the fact that nearly all the difference in performance is in that initial 0-60 sprint and at highway speeds there's very little difference between either P and the AWD.... (the RWD in contrast a significantly slower than the rest, and with a much lower trap speed too)