TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

P3D+ StormTrooper

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by P3D_Denver, Sep 1, 2018.

1. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

Here are pics of my Performance Model 3 after Colorado Detail modified my car to make it look like a StormTrooper. Steve and his team did a great job covering all the exterior chrome and glossy center console with satin black vinyl, applying PPF to the front bumper, side mirrors and entire hood, tinting the windows with Rayno S9 20% ceramic window tint and detailing and applying a layer of GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. I also had my factory 20" wheels powedercoated satin black (50% gloss) to finish the look. I just need that carbon fiber spoiler from Tesla to complete my car! Oh and I pre-ordered lowering springs!

Check out CO Detail here if you are in the Denver area, they are the premier Tesla shop.
    IG: Steve (@coloradodetail) • Instagram photos and videos
    web: https://www.coloradodetail.com

IMG_0467.jpg IMG_0468.jpg IMG_0469.jpg IMG_0470.jpg IMG_0471.jpg IMG_0473.jpg IMG_0475.jpg IMG_0476.jpg IMG_0478.jpg IMG_0479.jpg

• Like x 12
    • Love x 8
  2. ColoradoDave

ColoradoDave Member

Looks amazing! - I visited Steve @CO Detail yesterday and scheduled my work. Now, if I just had a vehicle... Thanks for the tip. The work there is amazing!

3. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

Thanks! Now i just need a new glass roof, new windshield, carbon fiber spoiler from Tesla and I’m set. :)

4. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

Man, that car looks good in white. It was a close second for me. Real close, and I've never even considered white for any other car before.
    You made it even better!

• Like x 1
  5. graphic

graphic Member

Wow, that mamma-shaker is CLEAN!!

• Like x 1
  6. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

thanks it was either white Stormtrooper or red “Franz style”, but red is too loud for me

7. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

spoiler and lowering springs will complete the look, later this year!

• Like x 1
  8. bshah1976

bshah1976 Member

Little confused. You have 20s but no spoilers. I though the package came with the spoiler.

9. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

lol, yeah i’m a little confused too. Tesla decided to deliver Performace models without the spoiler or dual motor badge and promised to install them at a later unknown date. latest rumor is maybe October, but they never hit their estimates. :(

10. Vegan Pleather

Did u leave the trunk un-gtechniqued? Or r u gonna have it removed and then reapplied after the spoiler and badge

11. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

Ha! Am going for Franz style, how did you know?

12. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

detailer felt it was easier to apply on entire car and remove on the lip, so he will take care of the install.

13. Adam3

Adam3 Member

#13 Adam3, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Looks good, I'm doing same thing but black interior.

14. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

That actually looks good! Wow!

• Like x 2
  15. silentcorp

silentcorp Member

Looks great, how much did that all cost? Did you go with the PPF package 1 or 2? I'm going to be scheduling there very soon as my edit button is finally gone!

16. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

it costed several thousand, but worth it in my opinion. i did not go with a PPF pkg, rather i chose (a la carte) the front bumper, hood and side mirrors.

good luck!!

17. Silver Ghost

Silver Ghost Member

If you apply the paint protection film - do the ultrasonic proximity sensors work?
    Was there some special trick they did to get it to work?
    What PPF did you use

18. JulienW

JulienW Member

Looks FANTASTIC. LOVE all the white/black contrast. Only thing that could be an improvement is black chrome instead. Great look. [rhetorical] Why doesn't Tesla offer black or black chrome?[/rhetorical]

19. EXOTIC1

EXOTIC1 Member

My model S P85D LUDI looked a little like that IMG_5281.JPG

• Love x 2
  20. roguenode

roguenode Member

Your car looks great! I hope to be scheduling an appt there soon. Nice to see more model 3's in the area.