Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ Suspension Height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you guys getting for ride height? I've seen a bunch of posts with some guys saying their rear is 1/2" higher than the front. I fall into that camp. Ive got 28" from ground to fender in the front and 28.5" in the rear. Are there any peeps with the same height front and rear? Trying to figure this one out.

What are you guys getting for ride height? I've seen a bunch of posts with some guys saying their rear is 1/2" higher than the front. I fall into that camp. Ive got 28" from ground to fender in the front and 28.5" in the rear. Are there any peeps with the same height front and rear? Trying to figure this one out.
About 28 1/4” front and 28 3/4” rear. Wondering if something isn’t quite right.

It seems like y’all are measuring wheel well height. All the times I have measured “ride height” on past cars was to measure at forward and rear locations on the bottom of the car. What are the heights of your front and rear jack points? My RWD’s front and rear jack points are 5 9/16” above the ground. My front wheel well is 28 3/4” and my rear is 28 1/2”. This means my car has zero rake since the chassis is level but my car looks like the rear is lower since there is less wheel gap for the rear. Seems strange to me that my car was built to look like the rear is lower even if the car is level. Or, my preferred way to see it is when I get aftermarket shocks and springs I can run a little bit of rake but the car will look level. I don’t have a front motor to weigh down my front end.

It seems like y’all are measuring wheel well height. All the times I have measured “ride height” on past cars was to measure at forward and rear locations on the bottom of the car. What are the heights of your front and rear jack points? My RWD’s front and rear jack points are 5 9/16” above the ground. My front wheel well is 28 3/4” and my rear is 28 1/2”. This means my car has zero rake since the chassis is level but my car looks like the rear is lower since there is less wheel gap for the rear. Seems strange to me that my car was built to look like the rear is lower even if the car is level. Or, my preferred way to see it is when I get aftermarket shocks and springs I can run a little bit of rake but the car will look level. I don’t have a front motor to weigh down my front end.

I'll check the jack points, but it looks like you have the opposite situation of me. My rear wheel well is a half inch higher than the front.

Typically front wheel wells are a bit larger to accommodate steering; thus I’d expect the rear wheel gap to be smaller. It’s more noticeable if the car has slightly lower suspension.

Reactions: Zoomit