Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D- underline?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got back from a terrible delivery experience. He lied on multiple fronts (or tried to bluff), but the biggest item still has me concerned...

Do P3D- cars have an underline on the car info screen (T button) or in the app? He told me that only came with P3D+, but “double checked that it is in fact a P”.

The real truth will be when I can clock some 0-60s, but until that, should I be concerned? Any other P3D- owners that can confirm either way?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Lying implies an intent. He just might not be well trained.

All Performance should have the red underline in the App and on the LCD. Also, it should say so on your window sticker,

Someone posted the other day that his car actually had 2 monroney stickers. One of them showed it as performance and the other standard AWD. Same exact VIN on both. The Tesla employee took the one with performance on it away.

Makes you think....

Someone posted the other day that his car actually had 2 monroney stickers. One of them showed it as performance and the other standard AWD. Same exact VIN on both.
That’s actually not surprising at all.... the Performance upgrade is in fact simply a software license as best as I can tell. I was surprised to see it on the sticker at all - but I suspect there’s some regulatory reason that it has to be (while EAP and FSD don’t have to be.) So, if a car on the lot is non-Performance AWD Areo and they want to make it Performance, then they’d update some VIN database and reprint the sticker.

That still leaves the question...... how do you know you really got your Performance upgrade?