Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D VIDEO!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why can't people understand.
Vertical Video.jpg

This video was intended to be viewed full screen on a vertical device.
Different demographic, people who’ve never seen a TV or PC.
Look in my pic and see the guy in front of me using a "vertical" device "shooting correctly" when held horizontally and in full screen. ;) When you shoot this type of wide action video in vertical you get fast and wild swings trying to keep the action in the narrow center and it is very often cut off sides or interesting parts out of frame. Also vertical is VERY unnatural to the way we actually see.

Also Marques should have shot if for his YouTube channel instead of Instagram. This is a far too important video for the informal Instagram.

I can't blame him. If I daily drove a Model S P100D I would probably not be that much excited about the Model 3 too. And if he daily drove the new Roadster he probably wouldn't be that much excited about his P100D anymore.
Some of us are mere mortals and can't afford such things. The best I can hope for is a Performance Model 3, so I want people to be singing its praises.

I can't blame him. If I daily drove a Model S P100D I would probably not be that much excited about the Model 3 too.
I daily drive a Model S P100D, and I'm excited to see if the performance Model 3 can last more than 8 minutes on the track (with my driving style). I'm still doubtful about the "there's no limiter" that keeps getting reported (i.e. there might be non-displayed limiting going on and/or it might not surface until you thrash a P X2 Model 3), but I'd love to be shown otherwise -- behind the wheel.

Just a data point.

Marques (since he’s doing test drives) could improve his videos if he could be able to put himself in the shoes of the audience who’s interested in that car. Jeremy Clarkson test drives Lambos and Ferrari’s, but he can still make a good Mazda test drive video if required.

If you shoot videos comparing everything to a P100D, then of course everything else is going to pale in comparison.

But his video (while being vertical) was fun. And I did learn they have this test Track mode so you can lessen the traction and active handling controls. Seeing him throw it around was pretty satisfying to watch.

Talking to one of his film crew on Reddit, it sounds like IGTV is going to be mkbhd’s platform for quick “teaser” videos until the full review videos can be released. Of course, we are all so hungry for more though!

Hopefully you found this helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arpe
Doesn't the potential "Track Mode" indicate that overheating has been addressed? If so will Tesla hold back on releasing to the P3 until they can update the S/X inverters and to 2170 packs? If the P3 can handle the track and repeated accelerations this may be seen as an advantage over the PS/X.

After watching again it looks like "Track Mode" is just a way of turning off most of the traction controls nannies.

Can't wait for some of the automotive magazine/sites to get their hands on the P3 and go head to head with the M3.

Reactions: Watts 4 Me