Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D VIDEO!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't the potential "Track Mode" indicate that overheating has been addressed? If so will Tesla hold back on releasing to the P3 until they can update the S/X inverters and to 2170 packs? If the P3 can handle the track and repeated accelerations this may be seen as an advantage over the PS/X.

After watching again it looks like "Track Mode" is just a way of turning off most of the traction controls nannies.

Can't wait for some of the automotive magazine/sites to get their hands on the P3 and go head to head with the M3.
They've addressed it in the Roadster.

I can't blame him. If I daily drove a Model S P100D I would probably not be that much excited about the Model 3 too. And if he daily drove the new Roadster he probably wouldn't be that much excited about his P100D anymore.

Nah, I had the P85D before LR model 3, and initially I thought M3 was too simple and not fast enough - was missing my model S. I then had a minor service visit, and got a P85D with ludicrous enabled as a loaner. Of course it was faster, but the interior looked so ancient compared to the cleaner look of M3.... The Zen thing is growing on you, beware. Handling is nimbler in M3. So instead of waiting for the refresh model S, I am replacing our M3 with a P3D.

They've addressed it in the Roadster.
I know but the Roadster is years away and the P3 is available in a couple of days. So if the P3 is deemed a creditable track car doesn't this put pressure to update the drivetrains on the X/S since they would be perceived as 'behind' since they can't be used on a track?

Wonder if the current S/X skateboard/motors could be switched to using the new inverters and 2170s packs?

EDIT Electrek just posted a new 'showroom' video.

Tesla Model 3 Performance test drive: For many, this will be the best car at any price

I know but the Roadster is years away and the P3 is available in a couple of days. So if the P3 is deemed a creditable track car doesn't this put pressure to update the drivetrains on the X/S since they would be perceived as 'behind' since they can't be used on a track?

Wonder if the current S/X skateboard/motors could be switched to using the new inverters and 2170s packs?

EDIT Electrek just posted a new 'showroom' video.

Tesla Model 3 Performance test drive: For many, this will be the best car at any price
It doesn't put them behind at all... they are still the fastest in a straight line to 60 mph.

What you're talking about would require a major redesign which is likely in the works for S/X but it's not terribly important. How many more Performance 3s do you think will sell compared to P100Ds? 4 times, 10 times as many, or more? The Performance Model 3 is going to be a cash cow for Tesla, especially at volume.

If someone is in it just for the numbers then they'll get a future Roadster, if they want something nimble and lower priced, they'll want the Model 3. If someone wants a large, very quick, luxury sedan, it's not going anywhere. The P100D will still be there, but it's never going to be a track beast though, it's massive.

Look in my pic and see the guy in front of me using a "vertical" device "shooting correctly" when held horizontally and in full screen. ;) When you shoot this type of wide action video in vertical you get fast and wild swings trying to keep the action in the narrow center and it is very often cut off sides or interesting parts out of frame. Also vertical is VERY unnatural to the way we actually see.

Also Marques should have shot if for his YouTube channel instead of Instagram. This is a far too important video for the informal Instagram.
Hey I dislike vertical videos as much as the next right-thinking person, I’m just telling you the reason.
Vertical videos should only be shot when filming test-your-strength machines at the state fair.

• Funny
Reactions: e-FTW and JulienW
This video was intended to be viewed full screen on a vertical device.
Different demographic, people who’ve never seen a TV or PC.
A demographic of folks that have never rotated their phone to watch a video or movie? Or look at pictures? They must enjoy paying for giant screens that mainly show black bars above and below those items.
#GetOffMyLawn

Reactions: Petra and Pkmmte