Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if a VIN can still be assigned if you have items pending... I have my trade in pending but I'm actually going to refuse it. Unfortunately there is no 'do not accept button.' Just a "Confirm Trade In" button. I don't want to press that just in case it means, 'thanks! We can't wait to take your old car from ya!'

I have my trade in pending but I'm actually going to refuse it. Unfortunately there is no 'do not accept button.' Just a "Confirm Trade In" button.

I had a payment method change I wanted to make (I wanted to get a financing quote from them, had fat-fingered 'cash', and there's never been a way for me to edit that via the webpage). I just dropped the local showroom when I was in the area and they were able to get in touch with the "inside sales" person assigned to me to note that change internally.

First day line waiter.
Current S Owner.
Changed order from AWD to P on Monday........

VIN : 0629XX

MSM/P-non-upgrade/18s/black interior/EAP

Delivery: August 10th!!

First day line waiter
Non-Tesla Owner
P3D all the way.

Just got assigned VIN: 0558XX - yesterday.

Its interesting that you got a much later VIN - earlier than I did.

First day line waiter
Non-Tesla Owner
P3D all the way.

Just got assigned VIN: 0558XX - yesterday.

Its interesting that you got a much later VIN - earlier than I did.

VINs aren't always assigned consecutively. They probably jump around somewhat within their available numbers.

And I think I got mine before you because when AWD opened up, for some reason there was a larger number of invites that went out to East Coast reservations. I think I'm still in that batch.

VINs aren't always assigned consecutively. They probably jump around somewhat within their available numbers.

And I think I got mine before you because when AWD opened up, for some reason there was a larger number of invites that went out to East Coast reservations. I think I'm still in that batch.

There is currently a ~50K range (20's to 70's) of VIN's being assigned to newly created vehicles. People need to ignore the number, and only reference the date.

Is there a difference between the ISA and the delivery contact? Or are those people generally the same?

As I progress towards my delivery date, it seems Tesla is keeping them separate. All of my contacts so far have been with a "Delivery Advisor" in Las Vegas, who is (hopefully) passing on my information to my service center. I suspect they're doing this for most people now. Putting the workload of collecting paperwork etc and leaving the SC's to JUST handle the delivery probably makes things easier.

To all those who received their VIN... Did Tesla have an Automatic email sent to you that a VIN was posted or did it just automatically show up when you logged into your Tesla Account online?
My VIN still isn't shown in my Tesla Account (although I can see it using the javascript code posted elsewhere), probably because my trade-in is still pending. I got an email on 7/21 from my IDA saying I have a VIN. I asked him to email it to me, and he did.