Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D vs S100D ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We totaled our 5 month old S100D and are thinking about P3 or Peformance S.
We were totally satisfied with our S100D, would not mind a stronger pull from 0 m/h :)
So have 2 questions!

1) Driving:
Has anybody tried both P3 and the newest S100D? How does P3 compare against S100D?

2) Comfort:
Is Raven Model S way quieter than Model 3?

What are your priorities? Speed? Comfort?

I've driven a P85D with insane + and a P3D pretty much back to back.

Performance was very similar, P85D had a teeny bit more of a punch off the line in insane+ mode. In day to day driving, ie not gunning from a stop, not much between them.

The S had slightly more comfortable seats.

But overall I much prefer the 3, feels much more nimble, like a go cart, interior feels more modern, and love the overall feel of the car.
Of course S100D will feel even punchier with ludicrous.

I would drive both, keep each one overnight, and then decide.

Reactions: Green_Light
I had P85DL for 2 weeks and couldn't wait to get back into my P3D+

The punch of the P85D is harder but that doesn't equate to enjoyment.. yeah, if you want to impress people but the P3D+ impresses just as much. I find the P85D more of a one trick pony whereas the P3D+ you can do over and over again and it doesn't feel tiring or put wear and tear on the drive train. When you mash the pedal on the P3D+ it's amazing and just perfect amount.

Again it's up to what you prefer. The P3D+ is a bit smaller but in turn it's more nimble, agile, and quicker and that to me makes it funner and better to own. Figure out what you'd rather have.

Cheers.

Reactions: Green_Light
I had P85DL for 2 weeks and couldn't wait to get back into my P3D+

The punch of the P85D is harder but that doesn't equate to enjoyment.. yeah, if you want to impress people but the P3D+ impresses just as much. I find the P85D more of a one trick pony whereas the P3D+ you can do over and over again and it doesn't feel tiring or put wear and tear on the drive train. When you mash the pedal on the P3D+ it's amazing and just perfect amount.

Again it's up to what you prefer. The P3D+ is a bit smaller but in turn it's more nimble, agile, and quicker and that to me makes it funner and better to own. Figure out what you'd rather have.
Cheers.

Yeah, people say that M3 is more fun to drive, BUT model S is:
1) Quieter (and Raven MS should be even quieter than M3) and
2) Safer because it's bigger and heavier (guess who is more likely to survive if MS and M3 collide at 40 M/H each)

2) Safer because it's bigger and heavier (guess who is more likely to survive if MS and M3 collide at 40 M/H each)

Sorry to bust your bubble but..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 12.58.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 12.58.42 AM.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 1.00.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 1.00.52 AM.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 85
Sorry to bust your bubble but..
No bubble, take a read:

Feds Say Tesla Exaggerating Model 3 Crash-Test Results

...NHTSA tells Tesla that it’s misleading to compare overall safety scores of vehicles with different weights because of the physics of car crashes—it’s possible that occupants of a larger, heavier SUV would fare better in a crash than an occupant of a Model 3, contradicting the claims Tesla made in its blog...

Last edited:
No bubble, take a read:

Feds Say Tesla Exaggerating Model 3 Crash-Test Results

...NHTSA tells Tesla that it’s misleading to compare overall safety scores of vehicles with different weights because of the physics of car crashes—it’s possible that occupants of a larger, heavier SUV would fare better in a crash than an occupant of a Model 3, contradicting the claims Tesla made in its blog...

I'm curious why they would exaggerate that for the Model 3 and give it more brownie points for consumers when the 3 is axing model S and X in sales. It seems like if they were to mislead, they should've done it to the S or X..