Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D white interior (no performance upgrade package) VIN updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so it’s seems that fully decked out P3D white interiors with performance upgrade packages are getting contacted.
However seems those that have passed on 20” rims etc are getting moved to back of this line.
Also P3D non performance upgrade with black interiors are already getting delivery info

So it seems we are a unique breed right now, let’s band together and keep it updated!

Reactions: Sg911
I’m first day online reservation, current owner, on June 27 I ordered Performance, Blue, White interior, Aero, FSD.
I had to confirm details, but my page still says “we will contact you when you can make final payment.” I’m in TX we have to pay before the car leaves CA.

Ok, so it’s seems that fully decked out P3D white interiors with performance upgrade packages are getting contacted.
However seems those that have passed on 20” rims etc are getting moved to back of this line.
Also P3D non performance upgrade with black interiors are already getting delivery info

So it seems we are a unique breed right now, let’s band together and keep it updated!

Not me. Base performance with black interior. Ordered on the 26th

I’m first day online reservation, current owner, on June 27 I ordered Performance, Blue, White interior, Aero, FSD.
I had to confirm details, but my page still says “we will contact you when you can make final payment.” I’m in TX we have to pay before the car leaves CA.
Ditto to everything. Same dates, same car config, even in TX. Itching for a VIN and delivery date.

ok - take from this what you will.

so my friend and i were 3/31/16 at 5am line waiters northeastern us mall location in NY

he was 3rd in line i was 7th
we both went P except he went white interior i stayed black. he finance and i cash

he got contacted via email and finally got a window of 8/17 - 8/24
although he has no vin yet

i logged into acct (was not prompted by contact) and they asked me to verify (for the second time) my license, ins, payment, and then they gave me confirmation of final payment plus taxes and less resv and dep (which wasn’t seen a week ago when i logged in)
they prompted me to watch the tutorial videos but i didn’t get an updated delivery window (except the aug-oct timeline) or vin

im guessing it’s because the prod line is going to blow through white interior first?? can’t think of any other reason.

side note. a separate friend (2012 S owner and sig X owner) invited and attended 3 reveal party and he didn’t get order invite until well after us two line waiters.

although he went P with white as well and he hasn’t heard yet. it will interesting to see if he gets delivery invite before i do.

then i would assume it’s def due to the white interior production prioritization. we’ll see! can’t wait to get this thing!

ok - take from this what you will.

so my friend and i were 3/31/16 at 5am line waiters northeastern us mall location in NY

he was 3rd in line i was 7th
we both went P except he went white interior i stayed black. he finance and i cash

he got contacted via email and finally got a window of 8/17 - 8/24
although he has no vin yet

i logged into acct (was not prompted by contact) and they asked me to verify (for the second time) my license, ins, payment, and then they gave me confirmation of final payment plus taxes and less resv and dep (which wasn’t seen a week ago when i logged in)
they prompted me to watch the tutorial videos but i didn’t get an updated delivery window (except the aug-oct timeline) or vin

im guessing it’s because the prod line is going to blow through white interior first?? can’t think of any other reason.

side note. a separate friend (2012 S owner and sig X owner) invited and attended 3 reveal party and he didn’t get order invite until well after us two line waiters.

although he went P with white as well and he hasn’t heard yet. it will interesting to see if he gets delivery invite before i do.

then i would assume it’s def due to the white interior production prioritization. we’ll see! can’t wait to get this thing!

I’m betting your friend got a decked out white interior P3D though. That’s the rub, those with $5k performance package are getting contacted. Those without I haven’t seen much movement.
One guy had 12/2016 reservation already was told he would get car early August and he did a decked out P3D white interior ($80k ish).

Also seems red is popular with the P3D crew!

I’m betting your friend got a decked out white interior P3D though. That’s the rub, those with $5k performance package are getting contacted. Those without I haven’t seen much movement.
One guy had 12/2016 reservation already was told he would get car early August and he did a decked out P3D white interior ($80k ish).

Also seems red is popular with the P3D crew!
sorry i should have included
all three of us went with all options except they got white i got black interior

Reactions: srharris22
Production line seemed specifically set up to batch red exterior, white interior P3D.

My guess is they might have ran perhaps 1-2 weeks of that config.

2000 cars - 200 to stores, 1800 to owners?

This is basing off of 1000 per week white seat capacity.

No updates here.

Reserved 3/31/2016
Invited 1/4/2018
Configured 6/27/2018

Model 3 Performance (No Performance Upgrade)
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
Premium White Interior
Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability