Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D white interior (no performance upgrade package) VIN updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been sitting at the "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment," phase since Tesla updated the order status page to ask users to confirm the details they had previously provided.

Performance Model 3 (no performance upgrades package), pearl white exterior, white interior, aero wheels, EAP, FSD. Reserved 3/31/16, ordered 6/26/18, estimated delivery still showing Aug. '18 - Oct. '18.

I've been sitting at the "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment," phase since Tesla updated the order status page to ask users to confirm the details they had previously provided.

Performance Model 3 (no performance upgrades package), pearl white exterior, white interior, aero wheels, EAP, FSD. Reserved 3/31/16, ordered 6/26/18, estimated delivery still showing Aug. '18 - Oct. '18.
Wondering how far Tesla will go with the priority. You are still spending $8k more than me with EAP/FSD on yours. But yeah I didn't get anything updated on my account, still showing "edit design"...........just go away already :)

Is anyone else considering changing their Performance order to a regular AWD now that the white interior is available for all AWD configurations?

Pros:
I would be able to get the 19" sport wheels, which I prefer visually over the other options.
I would save $9500.

Cons:
I would lose the 1-second-faster acceleration. How often would I really use that?
I might have to wait a bit longer for delivery.
Possible regret later for not getting the top-of-the-line model.

This is tough. What would you do?

I thought about downgrading to AWD from P....same thoughts as you but...with 2-4 months I don't want to risk being on the tail end of 4 (Elon time) and missing the tax credit by a day. The money is extremely substantial, but I wanted a P car....so it will stay as is. I'm actually going to call and see if I can add the performance package without losing my place in line. I am going to change the wheels to EVT 19 turbines ($2000 ish including tires), RPM spoilers ($280ish) and Evannex Red Caliper Covers ($400ish including install). Not that big of a jump to the full performance package and won't have to take time off to get everything installed.

I thought about downgrading to AWD from P....same thoughts as you but...with 2-4 months I don't want to risk being on the tail end of 4 (Elon time) and missing the tax credit by a day. The money is extremely substantial, but I wanted a P car....so it will stay as is. I'm actually going to call and see if I can add the performance package without losing my place in line. I am going to change the wheels to EVT 19 turbines ($2000 ish including tires), RPM spoilers ($280ish) and Evannex Red Caliper Covers ($400ish including install). Not that big of a jump to the full performance package and won't have to take time off to get everything installed.
I am in same boat , and was wondering if I added the P +package to my P if I’d lose my place - no vin yet!

Last edited:
Rep said any change could result in a delay. Going to think about it. Adding Performance package would still be 1-3 months so tax credit assured.
I think adding the package puts it higher in value line - They are doing P and awd
Is anyone else considering changing their Performance order to a regular AWD now that the white interior is available for all AWD configurations?

Pros:
I would be able to get the 19" sport wheels, which I prefer visually over the other options.
I would save $9500.

Cons:
I would lose the 1-second-faster acceleration. How often would I really use that?
I might have to wait a bit longer for delivery.
Possible regret later for not getting the top-of-the-line model.

This is tough. What would you do?
Stick with P, Tesla is so unpredictable with deliveries , and the cutoff is only a few months for the full tax credit. Changing version might be the difference ...

I thought getting the full monty P would help things move along quicker... now it seems all the non performance package P models are moving out and the P+P packages are not rolling out. Worst part is, I confirmed the second they updated the website as well and I can't even edit my config if I wanted to (I'm half tempted to just drop the upgraded performance package so I can get my aero wheels on...); yet I've got no VIN, no ISA, no delivery date..... Really hoping for at least a VIN soon.

I thought getting the full monty P would help things move along quicker... now it seems all the non performance package P models are moving out and the P+P packages are not rolling out. Worst part is, I confirmed the second they updated the website as well and I can't even edit my config if I wanted to (I'm half tempted to just drop the upgraded performance package so I can get my aero wheels on...); yet I've got no VIN, no ISA, no delivery date..... Really hoping for at least a VIN soon.

I'm at the "drafting up your contract" phase. Is it possible to switch to regular AWD and who do I contact? Thinking about leaving this club.

Yep. In the same boat. Thought the P+P would mean something as far as priority, and thought it was nice to have the "exclusive" white interior as a P owner. Since neither is true, I'm considering saving $14.5k and going with AWD. Now if only I could find the time to sit on hold for 2 hours...

After much consideration, I decided the additional 1.0 s off the 0-60 acceleration was not worth the extra money for the handful of times I would use it, so I switched to AWD with sport wheels. It was hard hitting that "Update Order" button knowing it would delay my delivery, but I feel good about it now.

My estimate went from Aug-Oct to Sep-Nov, so I hope that's accurate and I won't miss out on the full tax credit.

Reactions: Garlan Garner

Holdup is probably on the paint shop side.

They do a run of the PAWD, irrespective of other packages in a batch of colors in combination with the seats.

I suspect your car is NOT a Red paint, white interior Model 3?

I'm sitting at the same spot.

Maybe they wanted to keep us from leaving and getting something else.

After much consideration, I decided the additional 1.0 s off the 0-60 acceleration was not worth the extra money for the handful of times I would use it, so I switched to AWD with sport wheels. It was hard hitting that "Update Order" button knowing it would delay my delivery, but I feel good about it now.

My estimate went from Aug-Oct to Sep-Nov, so I hope that's accurate and I won't miss out on the full tax credit.
I’m with you!!! Been struggling all night about this!
I am P3D, white inteior, red, and that’s it. I skipped EAP since we have an X with it, and had to stop the bleeding somewhere.
Now I can get AWD, white interior, red AND EAP while saving 6k immediately.
Good and bad is deferred delivery. Bad in that I want my car now. Good in that a few more months to save money
And of course I still have my ‘edit design’ button available. Unsure why since I was a Day 1 online reservation and 6/27 1AM order. But whatever

Reactions: splob