Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D white interior (no performance upgrade package) VIN updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have taken delivery , any advise on things to watch for ? I’ve been reading about paint problems here and there, not sure if it’s isolated or if other things should be on my radar to lookout for...

I'd look at the posted checklists.

The typical issues : Paint, Headlights (alignment and make sure the LED accents work), Roof glass alignment, (is it evenly flat) check panel alignment and note it but that can be fixed later too, steering wheel alignment, cracks in glass, interior dash/console scratches (not screen, it has a factory film on it remember!). There are a lot of things to check, but only major things should result in refusing delivery. The rest can be looked at later and a service appointment scheduled.

Reactions: Allx
I called in, hoping for some information. I still have the edit back door.

I was told that I have a delivery advisor. And that she should have called me by now. The phone rep said she sent an urgent message to my delivery advisor to call me. Phone rep said she could not see a VIN. Being in TX, I am really skeptical of the by late September delivery estimate.o_O

How long did it take for folks to go from - no edit button - to contact with a Tesla rep? It looks like the owner details are incorrect and I need to change some registration info, but it needs to be done on the back end.

Received a call yesterday afternoon that they had found a car for me and I might be able to take delivery this weekend. I wasn't able to return the call until yesterday night and left a message. No callback yet.

Today I called the general line - I apparently don't have a VIN yet, nor do a I have a delivery advisor assigned in the system. The helpful rep was able to look up the name of the person who called me, and he is a delivery advisor, but unfortunately it looks like he may not be working over the weekend.

No change whatsoever on the website. Edit hack still works for me, no request for payment information, etc. (BTW: the edit hack is - go to your model 3 page, replace the "product-finalize?rn=RN10792XXXX" in the address bar of your browser with "edit-design/RN10792XXXX/" (obviously the reservation number will be your reservation number, not what I've put here) This will send you to the design website before you have a VIN assigned)

The rep's theory is that those of us in California frequently get on the list for cars that are meant for elsewhere but are canceled for some reason.

So close.

(3/31/16 online reservation 3 minutes before announcement, 6/29 order, P3D- MSM, white interior)

Reactions: MacGreiner
Any updates from anyone who chose pearl white exterior?
My pearl white performance w/white interior is supposed to be ready Tuesday 9/04 at Fremont delivery center. Got my call (before any email) just a couple of days ago, Thursday. Couldn’t accept delivery on Monday, so Tuesday it is. Was just there with my girlfriend this morning to pick up her blue w/white interior non-P – very nice! (And damn the dual motor non-P is fast too. Unexpected bursts of acceleration was making me a bit ill in the passenger seat!)

I don’t yet see the ability to make the payment on my account page. Maybe tomorrow (Sunday)? Configured 6/27, immediately lost edit button.

Hard match == exact spec already in stock/transit ?

Out of curiosity , are many of you shelling out all cash ?

Technically I am, but that only means I have an unsecured loan. The "edit hack" doesn't show my VIN at all, however my VIN was displayed in the PDF of my motor vehicle purchase agreement. This showed up after I got a call for my delivery date, even though it was almost a month away, though I had already said my financing was "cash".

• Informative
Reactions: Allx
Wait what? Of course you have a VIN. If your "pay now" button is enabled check the link that shows your purchase agreement, it might be there.
Huh? What part of my posts is confusing? I had a delivery date set before I had a VIN. I asked my ISA about the car's VIN when I was scheduling pickup and she told me that the VIN hadn't been released yet and it would show up after contracts processed stuff (she guessed Monday or Tuesday). The My Tesla page updated yesterday requesting money and showing a VIN.