Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D white interior (no performance upgrade package) VIN updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of today, have home delivery scheduled for 9/19 (originally was scheduled for pickup in Fremont on 9/23)
VIN 960XX (is appearing on website for me)
(reserved 3/31/16 online, ordered 6/29/18)
MSM P3D- white interior EAP

I have the same configuration: MSM P3D- White Interior, EAP, FSD, and I live in East Bay.
I have a VIN #. However, I have no email/call from anyone about the delivery.

I have the same configuration: MSM P3D- White Interior, EAP, FSD, and I live in East Bay.
I have a VIN #. However, I have no email/call from anyone about the delivery.
Use the United Road link that grisnjam posted above to see if you can figure out where your car is.

Mine showed that it was shipped to Lathrop on 8/17 and back to the Fremont Delivery Center on 9/12. If yours is in Fremont, I'm guessing your delivery is imminent.

My home delivery went off without a hitch, though the run-up to it was frenetic, because the website was showing a Fremont Delivery Center pickup instead of home delivery (the date/time had been changed, but not the location). I never received any contact information for any of my service/delivery advisors (yes, there are multiple people involved), so I had to work through the Tesla support line. They had a lot of trouble getting in touch with anyone to confirm where the car was going to be for delivery. In the end, it all worked out though.

The car is great - I'm very pleased with it. I had a chance to charge at a local urban supercharger and saw a car identical to mine except that it had the performance package charging two stalls down. I personally prefer the "stealth" aspect of the P3D-.

Use the United Road link that grisnjam posted above to see if you can figure out where your car is.

Mine showed that it was shipped to Lathrop on 8/17 and back to the Fremont Delivery Center on 9/12. If yours is in Fremont, I'm guessing your delivery is imminent.

My home delivery went off without a hitch, though the run-up to it was frenetic, because the website was showing a Fremont Delivery Center pickup instead of home delivery (the date/time had been changed, but not the location). I never received any contact information for any of my service/delivery advisors (yes, there are multiple people involved), so I had to work through the Tesla support line. They had a lot of trouble getting in touch with anyone to confirm where the car was going to be for delivery. In the end, it all worked out though.

The car is great - I'm very pleased with it. I had a chance to charge at a local urban supercharger and saw a car identical to mine except that it had the performance package charging two stalls down. I personally prefer the "stealth" aspect of the P3D-.

I used the United Road link and found out the car went from Fremont to Antioch on 8/31/18. Then it went back to Fremont from Antioch on 09/17/18.
Today, I got “the VIN you entered was not found.” I hope the car is still in Fremont and not en route somewhere. I still have no Email or call from anyone. At this time, I’m like I’ll get it when I get it.
Btw, I spoke my brother into ordering one few days ago. A RWD. He is taking delivery in a week.

While the United Road link did show my car, it wasn't very useful when I looked it up, and did not show up to date locations when trying to find my car during the delivery process, so take it with a grain of salt.
I think they're using United Road primarily for the first few trips after manufacture, so they're extremely useful for those of us near the factory, but not so helpful if you live across the country.

nightdreamer - I hope you get your car soon!

• Helpful
Reactions: wbhokie
I called my delivery center to ask about payment for my deliver next Saturday. They said the car was there now and wanted to know if I wanted it delivered to my house tomorrow!
We don't live far from the delivery center so I went down to see if I could go over the car. Sure enough it was there. I went over it and it looks perfect. Panel gaps A+ Multi coat red pain finish A+ Roof and windscreen alignment A+. I couldn't get in obviously so I'll focus on the interior at delivery.
They said they are doing home deliveries now to move 3s off the lot as quickly as they can.
Super pleasantly surprised . . . so far

Attachments

• IMG_2950.jpeg
    IMG_2950.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Love
Reactions: Sg911
Talked to a sales person today. The just recently got access to the Model 3 inventory and were able to look and see if there were any unclaimed P3D- in Blue with white interior for me (Bay Area). They couldn't find any available at all in case there are others like me that were waiting. I'm guessing/hoping a batch of them is due to be made at the factory, but who knows. Looks like a bulk of available performance models are P3D+

• Informative
Talked to a sales person today. The just recently got access to the Model 3 inventory and were able to look and see if there were any unclaimed P3D- in Blue with white interior for me (Bay Area). They couldn't find any available at all in case there are others like me that were waiting. I'm guessing/hoping a batch of them is due to be made at the factory, but who knows. Looks like a bulk of available performance models are P3D+
Dang!! Still waiting on mine , east coast tho:cool:

Anyone with a reservation (2017 or older) still waiting in here?

I have been told I was getting the car twice now (one delivery appointment, the other was a text and website update without a delivery appointment) and website is back to showing end of September again. So much for getting the car faster if you switch to performance... I can't be the only one though right? I must be too far from Freemont being all the wa down in San Diego!

Terrible car buying experience so far. My original estimated delivery for RWD was May-June, then that got pushed back to June - Aug. Ordered AWD in July, when at the time of ordering the AWD and RWD estimates showed the same estimated timeframe for delivery on the website (I believe it was Aug-September according to my reservation). The AWD was supposed to be delivered before october, but mid September they were still trying to produce them for first day reservation holders (I'm May 2017). So I changed to performance to ensure I would get a car before the end of the year. If I was just told end of October (or whatever it will be) in the first place I wouldn't feel so bad, but when they keep telling you they have a car for you then there is nothing it's really frustrating.

I already sold both my cars in anticipation of the original delivery date a few weeks ago and I have a pre-approval that keeps hounding me for the vin. It will expire soon, and rates are going up again in October.

Luckily my dad let me borrow his 3500 truck, but it costs over $100 to fill up and I will be spending a car payment worth of gas every month ($600-700) until the car is delivered.

Meanwhile, I keep hearing stories of people with no reservations getting their cars in weeks.

Is there a shortage of white interiors? Shortage of Performance models? Why keep telling people they have located cars for them only to cancel delivery dates?

Oh well, no delivery date showing, and End Of September is obviously not going to happen either. I think I'll still have it within the next couple months since they already gave me deliveries, but it's obvious at this point that having a reservation doesn't mean much, if anything.

Anyone with a reservation (2017 or older) still waiting in here?

I have been told I was getting the car twice now (one delivery appointment, the other was a text and website update without a delivery appointment) and website is back to showing end of September again. So much for getting the car faster if you switch to performance... I can't be the only one though right? I must be too far from Freemont being all the wa down in San Diego!

Terrible car buying experience so far. My original estimated delivery for RWD was May-June, then that got pushed back to June - Aug. Ordered AWD in July, when at the time of ordering the AWD and RWD estimates showed the same estimated timeframe for delivery on the website (I believe it was Aug-September according to my reservation). The AWD was supposed to be delivered before october, but mid September they were still trying to produce them for first day reservation holders (I'm May 2017). So I changed to performance to ensure I would get a car before the end of the year. If I was just told end of October (or whatever it will be) in the first place I wouldn't feel so bad, but when they keep telling you they have a car for you then there is nothing it's really frustrating.

I already sold both my cars in anticipation of the original delivery date a few weeks ago and I have a pre-approval that keeps hounding me for the vin. It will expire soon, and rates are going up again in October.

Luckily my dad let me borrow his 3500 truck, but it costs over $100 to fill up and I will be spending a car payment worth of gas every month ($600-700) until the car is delivered.

Meanwhile, I keep hearing stories of people with no reservations getting their cars in weeks.

Is there a shortage of white interiors? Shortage of Performance models? Why keep telling people they have located cars for them only to cancel delivery dates?

Oh well, no delivery date showing, and End Of September is obviously not going to happen either. I think I'll still have it within the next couple months since they already gave me deliveries, but it's obvious at this point that having a reservation doesn't mean much, if anything.
I just got off the phone with my SC main guy and he said there are hardly any performance models with white interiors and no pup...only (FIVE) 5 in the country as testers too! So he matched me too a black 1 with white interior with pup... see what happens

Realistically, he said they haven’t produced many in white without pup but a ton of them were delivered with it, and white interiors last quarter :D

I just got off the phone with my SC main guy and he said there are hardly any performance models with white interiors and no pup...only (FIVE) 5 in the country as testers too! So he matched me too a black 1 with white interior with pup... see what happens

Realistically, he said they haven’t produced many in white without pup but a ton of them were delivered with it, and white interiors last quarter :D
Picking up tomorrow if all goes well. Well now I feel extra special. I wonder why that would be though?

• Funny
Picking up tomorrow if all goes well. Well now I feel extra special. I wonder why that would be though?
Keeping my fingers crossed for ya... they said 21 ∂αуѕ to get here to Charlotte or sooner...they changed it, confirmed, and assigned the vin to my account all because I called them , and asked where my car without pup was :mad:lol. Then the delivery team woman that’s been texting me, called me and was congratulatory that I got a vin. I encourage anyone waiting to call their S.C. and have them search for your specifics and adapt from there...:rolleyes:

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya... they said 21 ∂αуѕ to get here to Charlotte or sooner...they changed it, confirmed, and assigned the vin to my account all because I called them , and asked where my car without pup was :mad:lol. Then the delivery team woman that’s been texting me, called me and was congratulatory that I got a vin. I encourage anyone waiting to call their S.C. and have them search for your specifics and adapt from there...:rolleyes:
3rd times the charm!

• Funny
For those waiting , boy is it worth the wait. Hang in there!

In case stats are helpful
Reservation: Early Sept 2017
Order: 2018-08-25
First delivery appointment: 2018-09-25 (rescheduled 20hrs before delivery)
Delivery: 2018-09-28