Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody heard from Fred Lambert? For the love.... we need some good news this week. Can't hold on much longer... If we really hear nothing good this week as well... going to be hard on morale of the troops in this camp.

I just don't understand why they are not building the most popular configuration???
pubchart

Reactions: bkmartin
@Powered By Jay,

That’s not good. Why would they design a lip like that and have to bore out the inner rim to accommodate it? My plan was to buy the 19’s as well for the winter package. Surely those will fit on the P3D+ hub? (Without spacers I hope). But I was thinking some aftermarket 20’s possibly as well and now that it looks like we have to run 5mm spacers....what a drag. Agree we need a photo of the backside of some 19’s!

Ski
Wow. If the 19" Stilettos don't fit, I'll be pissed.

What would reeeeeely suck for you guys switching to white interior, is if they in fact start building the highly popular black interior cars now for like 3 months straight and y’all get bumped to another white run.

I just changed my P3D+ from Black/Black to a Blue/White this morning so I fully expect this to be the case.

It's interesting that some of you are willing to pay $1,500 extra for white seats so you can get the car sooner. I thought the whole point of custom ordering is that you wait and get what you want, instead of picking up what's on the lot (P3D+ with white seats).

It's interesting that some of you are willing to pay $1,500 extra for white seats so you can get the car sooner. I thought the whole point of custom ordering is that you wait and get what you want, instead of picking up what's on the lot (P3D+ with white seats).

For me I was on the fence between black and white interior...51/49. If I knew I would get it sooner. It would sway me the other way 49/51. Plus would get the full $7500...vs the $3750 if it ends up being longer than 4 months. For now I’m staying with my original order...they’ve got to start the black/black batch soon.

Reactions: preilly44

Me switching the interior color is a direct result of changing the exterior color. I think the white clashes with the black exterior, but since I was switching to blue (I want to get the stealth PPF and think the satin texture on the blue looks better than the black) I also changed the interior because I liked the blue/white combo.

I'd say that my switching the interior to speed up delivery was only ~20% of the decision. I'd have never swapped if I kept it black. I also added FSD while I was at it. But hey, at least I can't add anything else!!

Reactions: SD_Engnr
I called in today and they she basically confirmed there was no eminent VIN assignment and that I could edit at will. I expressed my concern with switching from black to white seats and she said, yeah, that's possible. :) So I'm sticking with black and hope they add some new feature last minute.

What's the trick? Does it only works if your Edit button has gone away?
The trick is only relevant if you no longer have the edit button/link.

You go here:
h t t p s ://w w w.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxx (change the XXX out for your specific reservation number)
If you can still edit your design after going to this page, you do not have a vin.
If you can't get to the edit your design page it could mean you have an imminent VIN assignment.

Be careful to not submit a configuration change unless you really want to.

• Informative
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
As some sort of consolation prize... looks like the biggest batch yet of Blue AWD VINS hit today. Perhaps of sign of production picking up? At the rate the spreadsheet is filling in for P and AWD cars though.... I'm still scratching my head on how they were saying at one point that a brand new Performance car would only take 1-2 months... meanwhile I'm about to hit 2 months no contact after ordering as a reservation holder and owner. And at the rate these cars are filling in the spreadsheet currently, could be November before I see my car.

Like @Leodoc I'm in a dark place right now myself... driving home I passed two amazing looking model 3s... made me excited and angry at the same time... Happy for the new owners, but screaming in my head "Where's MY car?" Spoiled I know... sometimes just have to vent

Last edited:
Reactions: evpulse