Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact that someone can order a P3D+ this July, and get the same delivery window as someone who reserved a “spot in line” pre-reveal 2.5 years ago is kind of annoying, but yet exciting at the same time. A new order with the same window proves that the P3D+ Black interior is still a priority build configuration, and within the next 2.5 months, we all should have one of these wicked machines.
Yea we’ll get them sooner or later, like after everyone already got his/hers.

The fact that someone can order a P3D+ this July, and get the same delivery window as someone who reserved a “spot in line” pre-reveal 2.5 years ago is kind of annoying, but yet exciting at the same time. A new order with the same window proves that the P3D+ Black interior is still a priority build configuration, and within the next 2.5 months, we all should have one of these wicked machines.
Ordered doesn't mean reserved. We don't know when Chuck actually reserved. He could be a first day line waiter. For example, I have a 2nd day reservation, but didn't place an order til July 10th, 2018.

* I am a first day line waiter reservation holder who registered 10 minutes in
* A non Tesla owner
* Originally ordered the AWD on May 23
* Made changes on July 9 to upgrade to Performance
* Made changes on July 14 to upgrade to Performance Package
* Deep Blue Metallic Paint
* Black Seats
* FSD

I don't expect being one of the first 10,000 world wide to put in a reservation and the other order dates above to matter much. Mainly, I think the fact I chose black seats and the fact that I live in the Washington DC area (the slowest Tesla delivery market in the US) to affect my delivery date more than anything. Also, they may run short of supplies for a while for the Performance so that could slow things down even more. The earliest I feel I will get the car delivered would be mid September in my opinion. I would like to see other black seat orders to get some VINs assigned though. I hope some P3D+ black seat orders get their VIN assignments in this recent 10,000 VIN batch registration that Tesla did over the weekend. Let us know if and when this happens.

Midnight Blue can be a factor, but the bigger factors will be the fact the delivery is happening in Tysons Corner, Virginia (twice as slow compared to some of the other delivery locations), and the fact they are not making any Performance Upgrades with the black seats yet.

yea the black interior holdup is frustrating. i’m P metallic blue w/ all options except white interior and now that AWD people are taking delivery who ordered well after me is kinda BS as well. i don’t have date yet either. hoping the email comes soon.
there ended up being 0 incentive for being in line at 530am EST on 3/31/16

Again, I'm not a Google Sheets expert, but I made this, and it should auto-update, and it should work until @Troy changes his columns again. (Remember, none of this works if people don't participate in his spreadsheet.)

pubchart

(If you want to embed it yourself, or put it on your desktop via Rainmeter, or..., it's at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xEle-BHIJ/pubchart?oid=911240251&format=image. Until it isn't.)

Last edited:
Ordered doesn't mean reserved. We don't know when Chuck actually reserved. He could be a first day line waiter. For example, I have a 2nd day reservation, but didn't place an order til July 10th, 2018.

Thanks for not assuming. Actually a day 1 reservation holder, but waited to order till AWD became available and to be sure I could sell my Model S. Cant wait till they start making the P3D+ w/ black, cuz then I'll know its coming for real!

Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Got the email. Have nothing to supercharge though.
I expect I'll not be liked for saying this, but I have the first world problem of actually having my P3D already, however despite getting that email, they still billed me for supercharging, and also my account says I have pay per use supercharging.

Anyway, I'm off out for drive now folks, so I'll try not to complain more and just simply enjoy driving my car (Red base P with black interior in case anyone asks) ;)

I expect I'll not be liked for saying this, but I have the first world problem of actually having my P3D already, however despite getting that email, they still billed me for supercharging, and also my account says I have pay per use supercharging.

Anyway, I'm off out for drive now folks, so I'll try not to complain more and just simply enjoy driving my car (Red base P with black interior in case anyone asks) ;)
Get out of here!

Have you tried supercharging after the email went out to see if they still charge you?