Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine simply shows that it was moved from the Fremont factory to the Milpitas rail station. I assume that the rest of the journey is being handled by different companies (rail company to move to Chicago logistics park, then trucking company from Chicago to Ohio) which won't reflect here. This will only give you an accurate service center arrival date if they use this company and if your car is NOT shipped via rail.

Mine simply shows that it was moved from the Fremont factory to the Milpitas rail station. I assume that the rest of the journey is being handled by different companies (rail company to move to Chicago logistics park, then trucking company from Chicago to Ohio) which won't reflect here. This will only give you an accurate service center arrival date if they use this company and if your car is NOT shipped via rail.

I just tried it with the 3 VINs I've been assigned over my process and none of them showed up.

Thats horrid.. one day out to ONE MONTH OUT?

You couldn't get a 8/30 delivery date unless your car was already in the Irvine overflow lot? :(

I scheduled my delivery last Wednesday, and was told the vehicle was at the Burbank lot already and just needed to be prepped. I asked them to double check, "this is the Model 3 Dual Motor Performance right?" They said yes, that what it shows on the order. I then asked for the VIN, x592xx. A few days later the VIN (over the weekend) shows on my account as 73xxx. I was like, hmm that's interesting, oh well higher VIN number!

I got my final MVPA signed by off by the sales manager Monday afternoon (to submit to the bank) which in my mind implies that they actually found the vehicle and are in the process of preparing it. All looked good until the Tuesday afternoon call by the Costa Mesa saying whoops, the VIN in question was still in pre-production and hasn't even enter the build process yet...expect 2-6 weeks.o_O

Needless to say I was not happy. :mad: I'm starting to understand how others feel when they get super excited then Tesla throws them the whoops we made a mistake, and for some people it has happened more times than I (they've had 2 strikes with me so far plus generally poor communication on the DSA side).

I was not so hyped during my 1st delivery cancellation since I was kinda of hoping for that so I could change my order. I've since sold my original EV and currently driving a terrible clunker so I can't wait to get out of this thing. Additionally, I have a number of roadtrips that I'll be making regardless of the Tesla or not so I'd much rather do that than put extra miles on my wife's lease.

Reactions: NickHoffmann
I just tried it with the 3 VINs I've been assigned over my process and none of them showed up.

I scheduled my delivery last Wednesday, and was told the vehicle was at the Burbank lot already and just needed to be prepped. I asked them to double check, "this is the Model 3 Dual Motor Performance right?" They said yes, that what it shows on the order. I then asked for the VIN, x592xx. A few days later the VIN (over the weekend) shows on my account as 73xxx. I was like, hmm that's interesting, oh well higher VIN number!

I got my final MVPA signed by off by the sales manager Monday afternoon (to submit to the bank) which in my mind implies that they actually found the vehicle and are in the process of preparing it. All looked good until the Tuesday afternoon call by the Costa Mesa saying whoops, the VIN in question was still in pre-production and hasn't even enter the build process yet...expect 2-6 weeks.o_O

Needless to say I was not happy. :mad: I'm starting to understand how others feel when they get super excited then Tesla throws them the whoops we made a mistake, and for some people it has happened more times than I (they've had 2 strikes with me so far plus generally poor communication on the DSA side).

I was not so hyped during my 1st delivery cancellation since I was kinda of hoping for that so I could change my order. I've since sold my original EV and currently driving a terrible clunker so I can't wait to get out of this thing. Additionally, I have a number of roadtrips that I'll be making regardless of the Tesla or not so I'd much rather do that than put extra miles on my wife's lease.
This is awful! I would've complained to no end....you are a saint! Dorothy Mantooth has nothing on you.

Anybody figure out the shipping pattern yet?

The tracking tool (love that!) says my VIN went to BNSF Richmond, arriving 8/23. I wonder whether my VIN is still sitting there after a week or maybe it has magically moved along the railways without any update being generated.

It feels like there's a glut of cars, trickling through some funnels. In my VIN's story, the IDA first quoted me third week of September, then improved that to Sep 8, then called me back to apologize and re-schedule delivery for Sep 17 -- um.... there's that third week of September again. :)

So maybe it makes a lot of sense that, depending on the car's ultimate destination, it gets shipped to a rail depot and sits around for a week or more until the queue drains enough that the car can finally catch a train.

Alan

Woohoo just took delivery! Holy mother of god this car is rapid. Car perfect minus a small bumper realignment and a creaking sound from dash area.

P3D+ Black Interior
Reserved 3/31/16 @ 4:00 PST
Ordered 6/27/18
Modded 7/10/18 to add FSD

Attachments

• 3A8EC221-0ED3-4C0C-9C5F-787E43330A62.jpeg
    3A8EC221-0ED3-4C0C-9C5F-787E43330A62.jpeg
    614.6 KB · Views: 72
  • D6DCA1A2-9C06-4583-BF70-CDC97C223811.jpeg
    D6DCA1A2-9C06-4583-BF70-CDC97C223811.jpeg
    511.5 KB · Views: 49