Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something new just happened: I have the Edit link bookmarked and check it more times daily than I'd like to admit. It JUST got disabled. Now instead of going to the configuration edit page, it just dumps me back to the main reservation page. Maybe my car is finally moving forward?

Same here. Hidden edit link goes to Manage now. Anyone know how much longer before I get more info?

So I have a VIN 63XXX. Also I have the ability to finish paying for the car via the Tesla website. Aside from the obvious reason that it's a bad idea to pay in full for something you haven't seen or don't possess, is there any advantage/disadvantage of doing so?

Also VIN seems kinda low for this stage of the game, but production is 8/2018 so whatevs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
I just called my local Service Center to see if they have any additional info. Got told pretty much the same thing: have an advisor, but no VIN. So I guess it's now time to hurry up and wait!
It's going to happen very quick... hold on tight! I got my first VIN on 8/20, didn't get my delivery advisor assigned until this week...now I'm taking delivery 9/8 in just under 3 weeks.

Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Very proud of myself for only checking the delivery tracker once per day. :)

Someone who has been through the delivery sequence, please tell me: does the status change as the M3 is loaded onto a rail car? As the train moves across the country? Once the vehicle is dropped off? When it gets to the Service Center?

I've been watching this status remain unchanged for more than a week now:

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 5.41.03 PM.png

My supposed delivery date is Mon Sep 17, so I'm wondering just how closely they schedule the vehicle flow into the Service Center. Since all the SCs seem to be swamped -- and I can attest that the Rockville SC has cars lying around everywhere, overflowing into parking lots located all around, it would seem reasonable that they don't want a car to arrive at the SC until just before delivery. The SC seems to need 1-2 days to prep the car (doubt they need nearly that much labor time). So, say 2 days at the SC. Then... 5 days by train? (I'm making that up. I googled and googled and googled and couldn't find a resource to estimate train shipment transit time, not in general and not for BNSF in specific.)

So I'm thinking I should start to see the car move in another 2-3 days.

This is the 4th Tesla I've been involved in receiving. You'd think by now I'd just be able to mellow out and wait for the delivery guy to call me. But noooooooooooooooooo.... :)

Thanks,
Alan

So I have a VIN 63XXX. Also I have the ability to finish paying for the car via the Tesla website. Aside from the obvious reason that it's a bad idea to pay in full for something you haven't seen or don't possess, is there any advantage/disadvantage of doing so?

Also VIN seems kinda low for this stage of the game, but production is 8/2018 so whatevs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I just did my full down payment, I think I would be more stressed if I couldn't log in to the website or complete the transaction while I was picking up the car... didn't want the stress of that

Yes it very much seems like the days of knowing your VIN as it enters production and following it through all the way to delivery are over (at least during the model 3 ramp up) ...
Mine ended out being the one I was originally advised. Frankly I think that is the norm, but there are obviously exceptions, too many of them.

Tesla emailed and I've set up a 9/17/8 delivery in Cleveland for a
P3D+, Red, Black Interior, EAP
Non owner. No reservation. Ordered 7/24/18
No VIN yet, Edit Button is still there - but I see my delivery date.

So my edit link disappeared. I've been asked to enter trade in information. No VIN yet. I wonder if they will just select a matching car that happens to be in Cleveland on my delivery date?

Long time lurker so this will be my first post but I have a P3D+ w/ black interior on order. Question to those that have gotten an email from Tesla in regards to delivery. Does the email have a subject line of "Your Invitation: Model 3 Delivery Experience"?

I just got an email from them with that subject line and it looks like an invitation, asking me to RSVP for tomorrow or Sunday at the Fremont delivery center, to pick up my car from what I can tell but I haven't gotten any other email from a DS or IDA. No calls from them either and my Tesla account page is still showing the edit link and not asking for any payment information to be uploaded (going through 3rd party financing).