Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has a brand new policy. If you do not love the car or find any defects return it in 2 days no question asked. Yes they did not clean the “new car.” There was visible dirt on the dash etc.... but overall minor issue.
I am getting a full Xpell wrap n tint; and They want 7 days for that- will miss the car - she goes in today. I will put the car in valet mode, so cool. Also the car got an over the air update last night.

I have an update on this new policy. Yes, it is a 2 day no questions asked return policy but its a full return and cancellation of your order. You will not be able to get a new car unless you reorder.

Before having this information and after all the issues with my vehicle I decided to return it this morning using this new policy. No one knew what to do with the new policy. I was told I could return it and they would find a replacement asap. I left with a huge weight off my shoulders confident they would get me a new car. I was told expect about a week to find a replacement.

Later in the day I received a call from the regional general manager explaining I was not given the correct information and the new policy is only for a complete return and cancellation of my order. He said I was the first customer in North America that has used this new policy. He then explained that I lost supercharger and premium online for life and they will be sending me a full refund. I explained I want the car just one that didn't have major flaws. He explained I have to make a new order and send him my new RN number so he could expedite the order. So I made a new order using a friends referral code to get supercharger for life and dropped another $2500. I started to configure my car and there is no silver color option, it was removed yesterday. Prices on delivery also increased. I called the GM back and he said the color is not available anymore and I will have to pay the additional cost of the price changes.

Just now while writing this post he called me back. He says silver with my configuration is not available anywhere and asked if I want a different color. A new silver in my configuration will take months to get, he tells me. I have a lot to think about this weekend.

To everyone else, be fully aware that the 2 day no questions asked return is a full order cancellation and you will have to reorder losing any reservation or early configuration bonuses and will have to pay additional for any price increases.

Last edited:
Just got the delivery call for tomorrow.
White P3D+ black interior EAP no FSD
VIN 84,3xx

Car is at Port of San Francisco will be a home delivery.
Order placed 8/16/18, attended the event in Fremont last weekend (not sure if that helped speed things up)
Hope it goes well! You and I have the same config and similar VIN, I'm also 84xxx. Pretty sure our cars are in the same batch :)

Been spending the whole day wrapping the hood, front bumper and side fenders in Scotchgard pro.... Worn out... and still haven't driven the car enough to activate autopilot... dying to drive it but need protection first.
You doing your own PPF install?

I have an update on this new policy. Yes, it is a 2 day no questions asked return policy but its a full return and cancellation of your order. You will not be able to get a new car unless you reorder.

Before having this information and after all the issues with my vehicle I decided to return it this morning using this new policy. No one knew what to do with the new policy. I was told I could return it and they would find a replacement asap. I left with a huge weight off my shoulders confident they would get me a new car. I was told expect about a week to find a replacement.

Later in the day I received a call from the regional general manager explaining I was not given the correct information and the new policy is only for a complete return and cancellation of my order. He said I was the first customer in North America that has used this new policy. He then explained that I lost supercharger and premium online for life and they will be sending me a full refund. I explained I want the car just one that didn't have major flaws. He explained I have to make a new order and send him my new RN number so he could expedite the order. So I made a new order using a friends referral code to get supercharger for life and dropped another $2500. I started to configure my car and there is no silver color option, it was removed yesterday. Prices on delivery also increased. I called the GM back and he said the color is not available anymore and I will have to pay the additional cost of the price changes.

Just now while writing this post he called me back. He says silver with my configuration is not available anywhere and asked if I want a different color. A new silver in my configuration will take months to get, he tells me. I have a lot to think about this weekend.

To everyone else, be fully aware that the 2 day no questions asked return is a full order cancellation and you will have to reorder losing any reservation or early configuration bonuses and will have to pay additional for any price increases.
Sorry for the bad experience :( Is it possible to keep your original car, and have their body shop fix all of the issues for you?

Those of you who have been paying attention probably noticed that Tesla has only been delivering:

- P3D black interior w/o Performance Upgrade package and
- P3D white interior w/ Performance Upgrade package

If anyone's P3D black interior w/ Performance Upgrade package is getting VIN or new updates or Edit button gone, please share!

For other configs, please find your corresponding thread ;)
I received my Blue P3D+ w/Black interior today! It's a magnificent piece of technology. I can't wait to wake up in the morning and take it for a spin! The acceleration is unbelievable! The delivery process was great! Took less than an hour and there weren't any problems with my car. It's beautiful! So happy with the entire process! Time to buy more stock!

I received my Blue P3D+ w/Black interior today! It's a magnificent piece of technology. I can't wait to wake up in the morning and take it for a spin! The acceleration is unbelievable! The delivery process was great! Took less than an hour and there weren't any problems with my car. It's beautiful! So happy with the entire process! Time to buy more stock!
Congrats!! 72xxx VIN?

Guys! It's here. It's beautiful, and its flawless! Perfect Delivery for me!
m3.jpg

Edit: Only thing wrong was one of the charging port pins seems to be damaged... but I'll get that taken care of quickly, and it still charges just fine.

Congrats man! Long time coming =)

Yep... unfortunately I'm afraid I botched the passenger side fender though.... my slip solution wasn't slippy enough and I had way too many bubbles get stuck under it. Hopefully they come out over time though. I'll be ceramic coating the wheels and other parts of the car today.
Ah cool. I'm doing the easy parts myself (headlights, fog lights, A-pillars, doors, rockers, rear luggage area, center console) and leaving the more difficult bits for my installer (bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors) since he also throws in ceramic coating as a package deal :)

I feel like you are being told incorrectly. The email from Tesla says that the colors will be available as an off menu item. Not completely unavailable. If that color is what you want, you should be able to call and change to it still, for 2k.

My delivery happened on time! And all was great! So far can’t find anything wrong seems perfect (for those that have similar VIN numbers and were asking). It still has some uneven panel gaps at the trunk, and the front headlights aren’t perfectly flush with body, but otherwise seems better than what I’ve seen so far.

Also, for anyone curious, production date is 9/18, so 84,3xx VINs are recent production.

It was a home delivery, and I learned it was transferred earlier today from the port of SF to the SF Tesla dealer on Van Ness for detailing. There was some pink wax left in a couple spots and a ton of tire dressing. Definitely a quick job, but fine by me.

Took home delivery this week. Mine also went port of SF -> Van Ness service center, 72xxx VIN. I had visions of awful panel gaps and messed up paint, but overall it was anticlimactic - only noticed a slightly misaligned front bumper (passenger side near the headlight is a few mm lower than it should be, driver side is perfect). After driving it around I also found a piece of interior trim that's bent where it shouldn't be and the turn indicator stalk works as expected in one direction but always prefers 3 flashes in the other unless you pull the stalk harder. Also the passenger side front window doesn't roll down all the way (off by, let's say, 1/4").

Waiting for the service center to call me back so that I can have them fix these things, but loving the car in the meantime.

Last edited:
Sorry for the bad experience :( Is it possible to keep your original car, and have their body shop fix all of the issues for you?

I feel like you are being told incorrectly. The email from Tesla says that the colors will be available as an off menu item. Not completely unavailable. If that color is what you want, you should be able to call and change to it still, for 2k.

New update. I called Customer Service and explained my situation. They told me the Delivery Center is wrong and they will replace my car with a new silver one matching my original configuration. My original order will not be canceled and I will still get all the supercharger and online for life benefits. They also helped me cancel the new order the Delivery Center told me to make. FYI, they said no orders can be canceled without a writen request, they can't do it over the phone.

I'm super happy about this but still worried I may be getting incorrect information. I will call tomorrow and confirm these updates are accurate.

Also, for anyone curious, production date is 9/18, so 84,3xx VINs are recent production.

Very happy to hear your M3 was perfect. My last car also had a production date of 9/18 with a vin of 721xx but it had 15 documented issues. Maybe its an issue with a specific production line.

Very happy to hear your M3 was perfect. My last car also had a production date of 9/18 with a vin of 721xx but it had 15 documented issues. Maybe its an issue with a specific production line.

No car is perfect, if someone says it is they haven't looked closely enough. This includes both of my BMWs and my Model 3. You will most likely find a handful of issues with your second Model 3, really think about whether they will really make a difference in your enjoyment of the car.

I was fortunate enough to go to a delivery event with a bunch of new Model 3s lined up. Some of the issues are systematic (such as charger door not being perfectly flush) and if I only saw it on mine I might have been upset but seeing it on most of them I realize I wouldn't do better getting a replacement.

Some of your issues on your first I would not accept either so you made the right call in return but just have realistic expectations on getting a 'perfect' car.

The car overall is just amazing, when you get one to your acceptable standards you will be thrilled.

Reactions: Boomer19
My delivery happened on time! And all was great! So far can’t find anything wrong seems perfect (for those that have similar VIN numbers and were asking). It still has some uneven panel gaps at the trunk, and the front headlights aren’t perfectly flush with body, but otherwise seems better than what I’ve seen so far.

It was a home delivery, and I learned it was transferred earlier today from the port of SF to the SF Tesla dealer on Van Ness for detailing. There was some pink wax left in a couple spots and a ton of tire dressing. Definitely a quick job, but fine by me.

I had an AWD model 3 on order since 7/9 which I upgraded to performance on 9/7. Edit button still there. delivery eta says end of September which I think (and hope) isn't going to happen. with all the issues i'm hearing, I'm hoping for a production date of 10/18 with delivery end of October or early November

Last edited: