Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was your efficiency before and after the PS4S?

If I had a choice again, I'd probably get the P3D- with white seats (my original config was a P3D- with black seats), paint the calipers and buy an OEM spoiler from a P3D+ owner. No actually, if I had a choice again, I'd wait till March of this year to buy my P3D+ for $12k less :rolleyes:. I sold my previous car for $7,000 which still had a good 4 months of HOV sticker life on it so it doubly sucked lol.
Yep waiting would have been best.

Without changing my diving habits, I was at 261kwh/m before and now I'm sitting at just over 300, but it has been dropping a little after the initial dive back. I don't expect it will drop under 290 though.

My wheels/ tires sound be exactly the same weight as before, although the new tire is 1.6lbs heavier more and the wheel is 1.6lbs lighter (I didn't actually weight them though). I assume most of the difference is the tire tread. I'll probably go back to mxm4s next time as I didn't really feel traction limited with them, granted these ps4s would probably be much better on the track.

P3D- got track mode at least a month ago, maybe more

I've been waiting for that magical spot in my timeline.....

where I have an appointment for my lowering springs and wheels/tires scheduled.....when I know I can melt the Primacies off without having to worry about riding on them for an extended period of time.

I'm almost there................

and then in the Fall when I go back to 18s, I'll put proper snow tires on.

I've been waiting for that magical spot in my timeline.....

where I have an appointment for my lowering springs and wheels/tires scheduled.....when I know I can melt the Primacies off without having to worry about riding on them for an extended period of time.

I'm almost there................

and then in the Fall when I go back to 18s, I'll put proper snow tires on.

Let me know if you figure out a way to "melt" tires on these cars...computers are too smart and don't allow any perceptible wheel spin!

Which rim size do I look for if I want to upgrade from the stock options on my P3D-?

Depends entirely on what you mean by "upgrade" as there's a lot of, quite different, answers based on that.

For example for performance in a straight line, or efficiency, you might want as-light-as-possible 18s in the stock width... (though the benefits will be pretty slight) while for non-straight track performance you might want the same thing except with a 9-9.5" width to run 265s though efficiency will suffer... for people who don't care about performance or efficiency but have looks criteria the answer is likely some kinda 19 or 20 inch wheel.

P3D- stealth owner here. I love the fact that my P3D- looks no different from a SR- and I like having the efficiency of the Aero wheels. The P3D- can actually achieve 310 miles of range, the current P3D with 20" wheels is noticeably less efficient.

After getting my $5k rebate + sales tax back, my price was $65k including Enhanced Autopilot. I later upgraded to FSD for 2k, so 67k with FSD.

Got the full $7.5k tax rebate, so that comes out to $59.5k after rebate with EAP and FSD.

Ordering the closest config today would cost me 62k after $3.5k rebate but the aeros wouldn't fit so I still prefer my configuration.

For me the perfect configuration would be 19" Aeros which can clear the larger brakes (Like the option the Chinese P3Ds have). I don't value the spoiler and pedal covers as they are just cosmetic and would give away my stealth status ;)

Thank you!
These are moon discs from Moon Eyes. I’ve always liked the simplicity of them and never thought they would make them for the model 3. You do have to have the aero wheels for them to modify though. For me, it’s another great reason I chose the smaller, cheaper wheels that I can change on the fly!

Is it hard to get them off? No more finger holes to grip it with.