Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have modified my p3d- with MPP rotors, MPP brake pads, MPP lines, Castrol srf fluid and rims/tires. Car drives great with these mods. I Was able to score second fastest time at Tesla Corsa two weeks ago. I am at about 5k in mods but am making the best of my situation. If I could do it over again I think I would have ordered the +.

I guess what I am saying is if you do some research you can definitely improve your car to perform as well as the plus and have some custom touches as well.

What are the current p3d- users doing? I am very disappointed on not getting the performance package upgrade from Tesla.
Doing? Uh, enjoying our cars?

I mean, the standard brakes do fade pretty quickly, but there are options to improve that while sticking with the aero wheels (my preference). Since I'm not intending to track this car for the time being, it's not a priority right now. If I wanted to participate in track days regularly, I'd buy another Miata.

What are the current p3d- users doing? I am very disappointed on not getting the performance package upgrade from Tesla.
Honestly, the mods we could not do to the car, Elon has matched with the P+, track mode, top speed, etc. So the rest is on the person to do, which is not difficult, tires, brakes, etc. I think the fact that they added all the bells and whistles programatically to the car OTA, I now have a better option than P+ people did have when they purchased.

Totally made the right choice. Love the stealth speed, love the size of the wheels and tires, love the wheels underneath the aero covers, love what I did to the aero wheels just because I’ve always wanted these discs. Great choice in my opinion.

DE3FA792-6D9C-4E2C-B566-6D2A77436B54.jpeg

Now that winter has passed I'll probably find some rims and summer tires. Was going to go 20", but after hearing people have issues with dented rims, maybe i will do 19 instead. I like round numbers though... Also plan on getting coilovers so I can lower in the summer and raise in the winter when I will put proper winter tires on the aeros. Would love to have painted calipers too, so might do that. Thought about getting a spoiler, but I like that is easy to clean. The spoiler on my WRX was always such a pain. I already de-badged it to put on PPF and just didn't bother to put them back on.

So far things have worked out really well. Extra 5k refund to give up free supercharging, and also got track mode. The 5k probably won't completely cover the mods, but it will put a nice dent in the cost.

Now the main problem... trying to pick rims. So many choices

I am loving my P3D- slightly faster than the P3D+ in the1/4th mile and have $5000 to spend in mods. I am waiting patiently for aftermarket companies to continue develop parts and lower their prices.

So far it seems that you can get two piece rotors, wheels/tires and coilovers for a little over $5000. Depending on what parts you get you can improve the dynamics, performance and even slightly the battery range.