Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D_Stealth gets Track Mode V2 too!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they said that when the wheel isnt turned, it doesnt use the torque split..
so im wondering when in drift, during a transition is the car smart enough to know im drifting and not kick in the front motor during the split second the wheel is straight? I am excited to try track mode v2..I recently had a kid and had to sell my e36 m3 and s13, both of them drift cars. I know its not going to be the same..but im dead set on taking the tesla to a drift event :)
I have some 18inch wheels and a few sets of burners for when I get track mode..i hope im not expecting too much out of it

Reactions: Lucky13
Yeah, the sample rate is all over the place. I plotted it out and couldn't find a rhyme or reason to it, so it would be a big effort to get accurate data loaded into Racelogic analysis software. If they put UTC time in the CSV alongside lat/long/height, we'd be set! As it is, I don't think it's worth the effort, unfortunately. Thanks for sharing, though!

@SK360 posted a small sample file on Google drive, and posted a video on YouTube: (It doesn't appear that the sample rate is consistent...)

If they put UTC time in the CSV alongside lat/long/height, we'd be set! As it is, I don't think it's worth the effort, unfortunately.

How hard would it be to add a UTC column. Just put a starting time in the first row and then use a formula to add the ms to the starting UTC time. Doesn't seem too hard to me.

Last edited:
Just took the car for a quick spin after getting Track Mode V2 and can confirm that in 100% rear handling bias the car absolutely is still using the front motor on straight acceleration. I pulled up Scan My Tesla and saw over 100 kW at the front motor when gunning it from a red light, will try to get a video and some more quantifiable comparisons soon!

• Informative
Reactions: Msjulie and Lucky13
hi,
My first post as new to forum. as am getting my 20 3 Long-range in 2 weeks. i got confused on what you mean M3D stealth.
is it long-range with upgraded performance 2k$?
if yes, then i will able to get this update free ?

sorry to ask here, just wanted to get it cleared as this is good news.

thx

hi,
My first post as new to forum. as am getting my 20 3 Long-range in 2 weeks. i got confused on what you mean M3D stealth.
is it long-range with upgraded performance 2k$?
if yes, then i will able to get this update free ?

sorry to ask here, just wanted to get it cleared as this is good news.

thx
Welcome to Tesla’s shitty lexicon. A “stealth” is a Model 3 Performance without the Performance Upgrade Package. It looks like the lower tier models, hence stealth.

Just took the car for a quick spin after getting Track Mode V2 and can confirm that in 100% rear handling bias the car absolutely is still using the front motor on straight acceleration. I pulled up Scan My Tesla and saw over 100 kW at the front motor when gunning it from a red light, will try to get a video and some more quantifiable comparisons soon!

That makes sense. So the 0-100% scale is relative to the adjustable range, not absolute power to front/back.

Reactions: kbecks13
please try to do a burnout with the wheel turned slightly
please post a video of it

Last edited:
That makes sense. So the 0-100% scale is relative to the adjustable range, not absolute power to front/back.
no..he is just saying the torque split setting isnt active when the steering wheel is straight. Meaning if you turn the wheel slightly you would then be in full rwd mode..
which is why I asked what I did in a post near the top of this page about drifting.
im sure we wont get any real answers till someone actually goes out and slides around for a bit (it would be done already if I had the update!)

edit:
I just found this video someone posted.
looks very controllable in drift..I am dying to get this update!

• Funny
Reactions: StealthP3D
please try to do a burnout with the wheel turned slightly
looks very controllable in drift..I am dying to get this update!

I'm pretty sure Tesla is applying some power limiter based on speed to prevent burnouts because it doesn't seem very easy to achieve even on the drift settings. The car is definitely very controllable though, it's pretty darn fun.

Just did some more testing with Scan My Tesla and got the following results, it appears that using 100% rear bias would give lower times:
RearBiasvsNormal.JPG

I'm pretty sure Tesla is applying some power limiter based on speed to prevent burnouts because it doesn't seem very easy to achieve even on the drift settings. The car is definitely very controllable though, it's pretty darn fun.

Just did some more testing with Scan My Tesla and got the following results, it appears that using 100% rear bias would give lower times:
View attachment 519303

I think you mean using 100% rear bias would give higher times. Meaning it would be slower than the 50/50 bias. That is if the chart you posted is to be believed.