Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P424 on Craigslist New York

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Craigslist ad, Tesla Model S Reservation #424:

Two years ago, I made a $5,000 down payment on a Tesla Model S sedan. They are now configuring cars and mine will ship in November/December this year. They have over 11,000 pre-orders. If you order now from a dealer, you would get your car in summer 2013. Buy mine and start driving later this year! The cars start at $50k. I will work with you to build the car you want and deliver it to you as soon as I get it. Contact me for details.

Is this anyone here? This is the first such ad I've seen on Craigslist, but I've not been checking all that often.

Many (most?) people map "place where you buy a car" to "dealership". I wouldn't read too much into it when it comes from "normal people". When it comes to professional writers, I'm less forgiving.

Many (most?) people map "place where you buy a car" to "dealership". I wouldn't read too much into it when it comes from "normal people". When it comes to professional writers, I'm less forgiving.

I agree, he probably meant "from the company".
However, this seems pretty shady. The MVPA we're signing clearly states:
"Buyer acknowledges that Buyer is not now nor, as a result of this transaction will Buyer become, a dealer or distributor of Tesla Motor Vehicles."
It's not clearly defined, but Tesla's fine body of lawyers would certainly argue that buying a car and immediately selling it counts as dealing or distributing.

Part of the draw of owning a Tesla is the relationship to the company for service... not sure I'd advise souring that just to to line jump.