TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P424 on Craigslist New York

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by howabout2, Aug 8, 2012.

1. howabout2

howabout2 Member

Craigslist ad, Tesla Model S Reservation #424:

Is this anyone here? This is the first such ad I've seen on Craigslist, but I've not been checking all that often.

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

"If you order now from a dealer..." - huh? Is this guy for real?

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Many (most?) people map "place where you buy a car" to "dealership". I wouldn't read too much into it when it comes from "normal people". When it comes to professional writers, I'm less forgiving.

4. AndyM

AndyM Member

I agree, he probably meant "from the company".
    However, this seems pretty shady. The MVPA we're signing clearly states:
    "Buyer acknowledges that Buyer is not now nor, as a result of this transaction will Buyer become, a dealer or distributor of Tesla Motor Vehicles."
    It's not clearly defined, but Tesla's fine body of lawyers would certainly argue that buying a car and immediately selling it counts as dealing or distributing.

Part of the draw of owning a Tesla is the relationship to the company for service... not sure I'd advise souring that just to to line jump.

5. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

Reservation #424?? He says he expects to get delivery in Nov-Dec. 424 should deliver in October I would think.

6. Tommy

Tommy Member

Probably giving himself/herself some wiggle room as the 30 day lock-in clock has already begun to tick if not expire already and he/she is on a day for day extension of when the car will be delivered.