Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 Badging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The official answer is already posted on the Tesla forums:

We recently began to apply P85, 85, and 60 badges to newly produced cars in Fremont. 40 kWh cars will also receive badges once production starts. In the coming weeks, we will begin stocking these at our service centers for placement on delivered cars on request. If you have taken delivery of a Model S without a badge and would like one added, we'll be happy to apply one during your next service appointment. All you need to do is ask.

The official answer is already posted on the Tesla forums:

We recently began to apply P85, 85, and 60 badges to newly produced cars in Fremont. 40 kWh cars will also receive badges once production starts. In the coming weeks, we will begin stocking these at our service centers for placement on delivered cars on request. If you have taken delivery of a Model S without a badge and would like one added, we'll be happy to apply one during your next service appointment. All you need to do is ask.

Picked up my non-P 85 on Wednesday, with no badge. If it had come with one I would have left it on, but I'm not going to have them add it. Maybe just get it to keep with the card they sent after I reserved.

I just got my non-P 85 badge installed today when I had some other minor service work done. It looks good. I'm still not entirely sure whether I prefer it without or without badging to be honest. It was free for me btw, and the official post on the TeslaMotors.com forums also implies that it should be free.