Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85+ Battery Range @ 90% and 100%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I've been searching for the information I want but I can't seem to find it. I'm hoping some of you P85+ owners might be able to help me out.

What is the range you are getting when you charge your P85+ at 90% and 100%?

Majority of the information I am getting are for 85 or P85 with the average of 230 miles at 90%.

Thank you in advance for your help.

~Jr.

I've been searching for the information I want but I can't seem to find it. I'm hoping some of you P85+ owners might be able to help me out.

What is the range you are getting when you charge your P85+ at 90% and 100%?

Majority of the information I am getting are for 85 or P85 with the average of 230 miles at 90%.
My understanding is that "similar vintage"* P85 and P85+ have identical battery technology. Is there something I missed that makes that not true?

* I refer to vintage because "very early" P85s (with "A" packs) are different at least that they can only charge at 90 kW with official Tesla firmware.

New (to me) P85+ P51xxx CPO with 19k miles

Delivered last week with 100% charge 250-something rated miles (OK, so excited I forgot exactly)
Charged to 90% today and 237 rated miles

I believe P85+ range should be the same *rated* as P85, with real life a little lower than P85s with 19s due to the 21s.

Energy app shows my projected range to be about the same/slightly above rated range. Most of my driving has been on secondary roads with speed limit 40-45 but there have definitely been numerous acceleration events!

Wild Tigger, what VIN did you get? And congrats!

I bought a cpo p85 6 months back and didnt do much of long drive yet, I have driven nearly 3k miles so far but have started observing that my p85 (2013 model, ~30K miles, P19xxx) gives me around 150miles-180miles on full charge. 180miles if I drive carefully. The last time I charged my car completely and let it drive to 1 mile charge I could see the car give me 55KW(out of 85kw).
I used to charge once a week using SC and top off at home and I observe I lose around 1-2Kw overnight if I leave the car unplugged in overnight. I get around 2.4-2.5miles per KW. Then I started charging at home and L2 charger at office but see no difference.
I used to own a volt before buying p85 and used to get around 3.3-3.5miles per KW with the same kind of driving style (sports mode all the time).

Around two months of acquiring the car, I had to get it serviced for other minor fixes and complained about the range. Since I did not drive much by then it was just an observation and the SC advised me to do a full battery refresh cycle 3 times ie complete charge to nearly empty which I did for more than 3 times. Still no help. :-(. Our first long drive to LA<->Santa Barbara was a bummer as we spent nearly 2.5hrs SCing at two locations for the entire trip. Now my volt lease is up and wife refuses to lease model X and is questioning my model 3 booking :-(. I have called SCenter and got an appmt for Oct 5th. I Hope they resolve the range issue else its bye bye Model X n 3.

Travelled into the charging desert of northern Alabama last month, so I range charged at the supercharger in Chattanooga (why would they put a supercharger at an airport in a city as interesting to visit as Chattanooga?). The last little bit of charging was veeeeeery slow and we were ready to hit the road. Charging interrupted at 262 rated miles! I had charged from <30 miles to almost 100% earlier in the trip.

Reactions: Rusty1
Anyone reporting a battery range figure that hasn't done a full cycle recently, or maybe 3 isn't reporting an accurate number. You need to discharge to < 20 miles of range, maybe lower, then range charge... maybe two to three times to really get a good re-balance and calibrated result.

Not usually worth doing to satisfy curiosity.

Reactions: KneeCola
I bought a cpo p85 6 months back and didnt do much of long drive yet, I have driven nearly 3k miles so far but have started observing that my p85 (2013 model, ~30K miles, P19xxx) gives me around 150miles-180miles on full charge. 180miles if I drive carefully. The last time I charged my car completely and let it drive to 1 mile charge I could see the car give me 55KW(out of 85kw).
I used to charge once a week using SC and top off at home and I observe I lose around 1-2Kw overnight if I leave the car unplugged in overnight. I get around 2.4-2.5miles per KW. Then I started charging at home and L2 charger at office but see no difference.
I used to own a volt before buying p85 and used to get around 3.3-3.5miles per KW with the same kind of driving style (sports mode all the time).

Around two months of acquiring the car, I had to get it serviced for other minor fixes and complained about the range. Since I did not drive much by then it was just an observation and the SC advised me to do a full battery refresh cycle 3 times ie complete charge to nearly empty which I did for more than 3 times. Still no help. :-(. Our first long drive to LA<->Santa Barbara was a bummer as we spent nearly 2.5hrs SCing at two locations for the entire trip. Now my volt lease is up and wife refuses to lease model X and is questioning my model 3 booking :-(. I have called SCenter and got an appmt for Oct 5th. I Hope they resolve the range issue else its bye bye Model X n 3.

Are you saying that after a full charge, your instrument cluster is only reflecting a range of 150-180 miles? If so, I would push hard for a replacement battery. I get 233 at 90% and 264 at 100%. I don't think I have ever seen anyone get below 215-220 at 90%.

Are you saying that after a full charge, your instrument cluster is only reflecting a range of 150-180 miles? If so, I would push hard for a replacement battery. I get 233 at 90% and 264 at 100%. I don't think I have ever seen anyone get below 215-220 at 90%.
Well I really need to do a full discharge and recharge, but when I last posted my 90% was averaging 225-226. (@51K miles) Well since the software update last night (not 8.0, the last 7.1 version) I'm now only getting 218 as my 90%.

I've only driven 200 miles since then so somethings up....