Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85+ Black/Black. Just Picked Up in Austin - It's Amazing!! (Pics)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man... That's one bad ass set of Wheels Tex... I'm happy for you. I think I'd be making constant trips out to my garage too, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming! Can't wait to see it with the Tint. That's a beauty. Glad to hear the GPS bug didn't bite you. That gives me hope for mine!
thumb-up.gif

I bet you are invited to pick up sooner. Not many Cali cars take 11 days to go from starting production to delivery :)

That would be great! I stopped by the local Tesla showroom in Newport Beach tonight just to try and get a big enough fix to last until Monday.

I am also picking up in Costa Mesa on 9/30. My appt is noon.

I'm currently scheduled for 2PM. Hopefully you'll be driving your new baby by the time I get there but if not I'll keep an eye out for your P85 and say hi if your still there.

Last edited:
Congratulations Texex91!!! The car looks amazing and we all know how well it drives. Post some pictures with the tint.

Still can't believe you got the car in 3 weeks. I ordered a P85+ a couple weeks ago and confirmed on 9/15. My delivery time estimate said late October like many posted here. I was hoping to get mid October since I was ordering a P85+ and the website says 1 month. Unfortunately when I called Tesla last Friday, they said my car would not be built until the last week of October and delivered the first week of November. That is close to 2 months! Happy Tesla is making a lot of cars but disappointed I have to pay the price and wait. :) it seems like some people just hit the right timing and get their cars much quicker.

Anyway, I am really happy for you. Go out and drive the car for those of us that can't while we wait.

Already sold one to a (ex)Porsche friend of mine. He's confirming right now--loaded P+. Literally let him drive for 3 minutes and was sold (oh and gave him some Tesla Kool Aid while I was waiting--well a lot of it actually. Now he got see what I was talking about!)

Haha, well done! That has got to be a new record for fastest "pass-along" sale. Make them see the (electric) light!

Right on Tex!!! You'll never regret going for the P+. That's one awesome machine you have there.

Thanks Greg!

Oh man... That's one bad ass set of Wheels Tex... I'm happy for you. I think I'd be making constant trips out to my garage too, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming! Can't wait to see it with the Tint. That's a beauty. Glad to hear the GPS bug didn't bite you. That gives me hope for mine! View attachment 31271

Will do Barey! Your's will be here soon--I can't wait for the surprise email from you saying 2 weeks early delivery!

Congrats Tex!

I confirmed 8/31, picking up in Torrance 9/26. S85. Config in sig below.

Congrats--nice config you have for sure!

Again congrats tex! You were definitely the most eager user waiting for your model S! :)

If at all possible can you take a few close up pics of the armrest and door leather

No problem will take them here in a little while and post here.

Long time lurker here and very envious.

I remember when you started posting here we almost trolled you out!. You opted out of the red piping performance seats? Interesting. Congratulations on a wonderful car.

Alex

I don't blame you for that--I was looking for the bad in the car, then came to realize the only bad is the bad in bada**. Loving it!

Congrats, Tex! I've enjoyed reading your enthusiasm and encouragement of others in all your posts leading up to today. Today is a great day in Texas. Can't wait to hear more of your experience and see some more pics.

Thanks Brett--I appreciate the PM as well. Beautiful day here in Texas no doubt!

Way to go, Tex!
If you thought you were obsessive before you picked your car up, stay tuned!

Uh oh, I was afraid of that :biggrin:

Congratulations Texex91!!! The car looks amazing and we all know how well it drives. Post some pictures with the tint.

Still can't believe you got the car in 3 weeks.

Thanks Reed--will post tint pics tomorrow when completed--should be nice! I too am shocked how fast I got the car, but with quarter end and P+, I had a few things going for me. I lucked out on timing for sure! Don't think I could have taken much longer!

Haha, well done! That has got to be a new record for fastest "pass-along" sale. Make them see the (electric) light!

Number two is coming today. Another car freak friend of mine that I've been filling his ear about Tesla, and now he will get to drive it. Hopefully his order will be placed today :eek:

brianman - AFIK the red trim on the seats is the performance seats - $1000 more than standard leather. The spoiler is $1500 on top of the P85+ package.
Got it. Thanks!

@Tex - I like the red trim that came with my Sig Perf (before it was optional) but I'm not sure if I would have paid $1,000 for it as an option. Similarly for the $1,500 spoiler option. Enjoy the ride!

Got it. Thanks!

@Tex - I like the red trim that came with my Sig Perf (before it was optional) but I'm not sure if I would have paid $1,000 for it as an option. Similarly for the $1,500 spoiler option. Enjoy the ride!

Yeah, I didn't care for red stripe (as extra), and spoiler for $1500--no thanks. But it does look good.

Congrats Tex! I was surprised to see silver wheels on your car, you striked me as someone who would get the gray wheels. (I guess I never read your sig that closely)

I like the grey, just think on black it doesn't look quite as good as it would on Silver or white car. If the rims were black instead of grey, then yes probably would have gone that route.

Last edited: