Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 can't CHILL?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The controller may be too old to accept the commands.
You can console yourself in that Chill is totally useless anyway. Drive for the range you want and be glad full performance is always available for emergencies.

Reactions: ATC@LWSK
I could see chill being nice for winter driving in cold climates, sort of like ICE that have a second gear start to soften torque application. 440tq doesn't stick on cold dry roads much less snow covered ones.
That what my foot is for, if that doesn't work, then we have traction control. Much rather have normal mode where full power is always on tap. But hey, it's an option, and one that doesn't take up prime UI space, so I am not complaining. Options are good.

Have a friend with an 85 who has it and likes it. His wife has an ailing neck and he uses it when she is in the car - and does not when she isn't ;) Options

What year is your friends 85? It' not a big deal that I don't have it but I want my car to have as many options as possible. Options are never a bad thing especially when you want to sell down the road.

I have a P85 that i just serviced and got the 46 upgrade--easy entry but not chill. Service center said chill only available for AWD cars, but I know some RWD people have it (seems like maybe it needs to be refresh or AP?) My kids get a little dizzy sitting in the rear facing seats so was looking forward to chill mode when they are in the car.

My RWD P85 got the Chill mode setting. But it's a September 2014 build with AP1, like @Bet TSLA 's car. That suggests AP hardware might be the prerequisite, not AWD.

That could be very true. I was passing by the service center today so stopped in and asked again. A couple techs tried to find some info but ultimately came back with it's just for AWD cars (even though I said the internet told me there were a few RWD with chill). They took my car's info and were going to check with the tesla mothership and get back to me.

Sigh, just got the "Chill mode" update on my 2013 P85 and no chill mode. I was looking forward to it smoothing out when I use + and - on the cruise control lever. Oh well. I drove an AP2 loaner while mine was in the shop that had it, and it did seem to make TACC very smooth.

I haven't messed with the entry and exit profiles yet. At least we did get those.