TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P85 Classic faster after 6.2?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by J1mbo, Apr 14, 2015.

1. J1mbo

J1mbo Member

Installed 6.2 this morning and now the car feels noticeably faster, especially when overtaking. Maybe subjective, warmer roads,etc. But, Elon did tweet that the classic P would see an improvement.

Anyone with 6.2 and a classic P able to do a timed 0-60 and maybe 0-10, 10-20, 20-30 etc... with 100% charge?

2. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

:smile:
    isn't "feels snappier" the correct terminology for any and all software upgrades?:smile:

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@J1mbo - For completeness, please clarify which revision of 6.2 you're reporting on. Thanks!

4. rickgt

rickgt Enthusiast owner/member

I felt the same with .153 update. Maybe subjective, since I want it to feel that way :biggrin:

5. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

And would you add your data into the tracker, @J1mbo? If you had done that, @brianman could have simply looked it up there :)

6. gkalexdc

gkalexdc Member

Uh Oh. I must be getting even older. Will someone please tell me what a "Classic P" is ???? I have a P85 (2012) Delivered 2013, and just got 6.2

7. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

You have a "classic" P. That is nowadays there are no RWD P's produced, only P85Ds.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I believe the term "Classic" was being applied to "pre-auto-pilot-era sensor suite" vehicles.

- - - Updated - - -

My impression is that there is a relatively thin slice of the P85 portion of the fleet that is not "classic" (meaning it has the auto-pilot-era sensor suite). I could be wrong though.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe folks would classify that as Classic, as it was clearly produced (and delivered) prior to the "D" event that announced the sensor suite.
    Gratz on getting 6.2 firmware.

9. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Member

Yeah, that would be the P85s built from late September 2014 through whenever they stopped making them, likely late October to early November. My P85 is one of the few with autopilot hardware. I got 6.2.124 fairly early, but have not seen anything new since.

10. mesalum

mesalum Member

How about mid-december. My auto-pilot P85 was born December 12, 2014.

Same here on the 6.2 2.4.124. Haven't seen anything new since.

11. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Member

Oh, yes, of course. Cars to be delivered at the factory were pushed to late in the quarter, as usual. So I guess the last ones were built some time late in December.

12. krisg81

krisg81 Member

I have a P85+ loaner in my possession that's running 6.2 with .136 firmware.

To me, it feels faster than my old P85 I traded in. I can actually feel very little difference between it and my current P85D when fully accelerating from anything except a stop. I think this firmware may be increasing the performance of the discontinued P85/P85+

13. dirkhh

I thought that the only advantage a P85D had over a P85+ was from a dead stop (talking acceleration here, not handling). Wasn't there a video with a rolling start somewhere that showed them dead even?

14. Kalud

Kalud Member

15. dirkhh

While technically I said "P85+" I guess I'll go with "I stand corrected". I could have sworn I saw a video showing a dead even race - but I did some searching and cannot find it. So I might have been hallucinating.

16. Zextraterrestrial

my car feels noticeably much slower

wait, maybe that is the Valet mode I am trying out! :tongue:
    seeing if I can tame my morning drive for the sake of my tires

but I think the non valet mode is a bit quicker. can find out at the dragstrip next weekend maybe, except my tire/wheel set is different than what I have run on before

17. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

ive gone up against a P85D on the freeway starting at 70mph. We both took them up to 100mph and really other than the person that mashed down the pedal first was the only one to slightly pull away from the other. Otherwise they were pretty much dead even. I'll try to grab a video in two weeks to post. (I should note I have a classic P85 running 6.2...136)

18. Kalud

Kalud Member

The P85 and P85+ are identical cars beside the upgraded suspensions on the +

19. 132

132 Member

Not quite, the P85+ has the staggered fatter tires in the back. This gives it better traction as well as slightly better acceleration.

20. J1mbo

J1mbo Member

FW is 6.2 (2.4.153), tracker updated.