Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ready to pull trigger on a CPO P85. Any advice on:

1. I will put about 15,000 miles per year on the car mainly driving up and down the 405 freeway in Los Angeles. Will the 21 inch wheels be a major pain? Reading the posts looks like I'll need to take in to rotate every 6000 miles and also be more concerned about blowouts. Most P85s seem to come with 21s.

2. Buying CPO mainly so I do not need to finance but curious what CPO finance rates people are getting? The more it approaches a "risk free" rate like 1% the more I am interested!

3. I will be going in to local Tesla store - if CPO inventory in "LA" does anyone know if that means I can test drive the specific car?

Thanks - been thinking about Tesla for years!!

Do it, you will love it. I highly recommend that you drive as many different models as you can to make sure that you like the model that you are buying and if possible drive the car that you want to buy if Tesla will let you. Get the 21", they look so much better than the 19" and try a credit union for better rates.

Good luck!

I recently picked up a P85 CPO and it came with 19's. While it is in having some work done, they gave me the same car, but with 21's. There is a noticeable difference in the ride quality. If you want a smoother ride, go with 19's; if you want a better look and maybe a bit better handling, and don't care about the extra harshness of the ride, go with the 21's. Make sure you look over the car carefully when you pick it up. I noticed a lot of little things that needed to be corrected - which is why it is in the shop. Some of the CPO's are actually used as loaners until they are purchased - so you may not be able to see/drive it. But if you put the deposit down, I believe they pull it out of the rotation.

Thanks for all of the advice! I will see if I can drive a car with 21s back to back with a car with 19s (maybe a P and then a S car). I did have a 911 a while back and that ride was ultimately a little too harsh on these freeways but I assume the Model S with the air suspension will be smoother even with the 21s.