Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85+ Extended Garage Door Function Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I set my garage door to open at the maximum amount 100 feet. It used to open my garage from about 5 feet away from my garage door, now it opens about 10 feet away. Anyone have any suggestions or similar experiences?

I've tried restarting the entire process of pairing the car and door opener. The opener is a newer model. I can manually open the door by pressing the House button from much further away, 100 feet+. The automatic opening function is the one that isn't doing the correct distance.

If it's set at 100 feet it is possible that the car's transmitter isn't connecting with the garage door opener. I set mine at 3 meters (10 feet maybe) as I back up in the garage and so the door opens as I'm starting to reverse the car from the street. Did you try setting it at a lower distance setting?

Tried setting it to shorter distances and it indeed reduced the distances. So 50 feet setting seems to be about 5 actual feet of distance to trigger, and 100 feet setting seems to be about 10 feet of actual distance setting; very odd. Nobody else has this issue? People set it to 100 feet and it'll open the garage down the street?