Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

p85 for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2012 tesla model s p85 ……….yes that is right 2012, I believe original confirmation placeholder was number 806. The date of manufacture is 12/2012. I live in new mexico and would like to sell the vehicle. I took delivery one year ago. The reasons I am interested in selling the car are straight forward: Tesla is the finest vehicle in the world. I want the latest and best. 1. Red was not available when I took delivery. 2. Even though the vehicle was well equipped, I declined the tech package. 3. I qualified for the federal tax credit. The specs on my tesla are: tesla model s performance. p85 85 kw battery. pearl white exterior color ($1500), panoramic all glass roof ($1500) 21 inch silver wheels, black performance interior, carbon fiber interior decor, active air suspension, supercharger hardware, single charger, black nappa leather interior with contrast piping, rear carbon fiber spoiler. My mileage is 4100. The vehicle is fantastic!!! I pulled the trigger for purchase after driving the tesla roadster in albuquerque. The original sticker price was 95,400. Tesla personal delivery was 990. Final inspection, prep, and coordination (whatever that entails) was 180. I also bought the tire inflation kit from tesla. After sales tax the total bill was 100,000. The vehicle is a real head turner as everyone knows. I am looking to upgrade to a model s performance with the red multi coat (not the wine red signature paint) with the tech package, 21 inch rims, pano sun roof and air suspension. We all know the vehicle I want is a bit more pricy than mine but it is what I desire from the finest car in the world. I am asking 99,999 for mine. I waited 4 years for my vehicle banking on the success of tesla. In retrospect shares of the company would have been a far better investment, but not nearly as fun!!!!! I am including pictures of the vehicle and sticker. Thank you for the interest. Ryan
attachment.php?attachmentid=46171&d=1396240450.jpg
attachment.php?attachmentid=46172&d=1396240452.jpg

I thought I read that your car was having a major problem that Tesla had not been able to figure out as of yet. But it does not seem that it is disclosed in this listing. If it was your car that seems like it would be pertinent information to the sale.

You are asking for a person to purchase the vehicle at 100,000 when you purchased for 95,400? That is a profit / break even point after two years for you?? Remember someone would have to pay taxes on that $100,000.. not worth it in my eyes would just buy new. And that does not include the rebates that you received.

Last edited:
chris, thank you for the feedback, i am interested in offers, as we all know this car is more expensive with todays options from tesla. if someone wants this vehicle now they would pay about 108 620 from tesla not including taxes and delivery. that would take the price upwards of 110k. i understand the taxes and such.