Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85+ in the real world

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The P85+ definately feels different I think we have prepared maybe 5-10 of them so far. They are all sold units, so not appropriate to allow others to drive. We are getting close to doing upgrades. Once some of you have them done, this will be the true test. I am excited for those who upgrade.

Mike, maybe you can answer my question from the other thread on P+ upgrade. Specifically, since the upgrade does not include the dampers and sway bars, how much improvement does it provide for P85 owners vs. getting a new P85+ off the assembly line? Does it get us 50% of the way there? 80%? What are we giving up by not getting the dampers and the bars?

I think you may just have nailed my interests here.

I'm interested in bushing compliance to remove the squishy feeling and take better advantage of the torsional regidity of MS' chassis.
I kind of like how Tesla has handled high and low speed valving on the dampers along with the spring rate they have chosen thus I am not particularly interested in those changes.
Lastly, I really do not have a problem with roll so increasing head snatch (or whatever the correct term H. Mees used to describe the result of bigger bars) does not really interest me either.

I like the ride for a daily driver but would like to get all that MS can deliver.

I agree. Even the wider rear wheels may be unnecessary. In the winter, I'd be using the 19's all around anyway. Perhaps we can buy the upgrade without the wheels & tires. I'd like to come close to the feel of my 456 GT, and I think this would do it.

@Rlsarch
Can you please post some pics too. I ordered Black/Black with grey wheels like you. I'm having second thoughts on the black. Would love real world photos with those wheels as opposed to the professional pics on the web with lighting that I would never reproduce. Thanks.

Just sitting here waiting for my P85+, lot's of noise but improvement can only make it better. Will let you know when I'm sitting in mine.

Rlsarch,

Close enough :)
and your feedback is?????

Todd,
You'll have to throw a parachute on the 456 :) All kidding aside, I can not believe my MS out stops my 550. WOW.

@Rlsarch ​ where are you, we are dying for feedback…:)
What exactly are folks waiting on? Rlsarch is waiting on his P85+ and other commenters are waiting on... Rlsarch's review of his P85+.

What exactly are folks waiting on? Rlsarch is waiting on his P85+ and other commenters are waiting on... Rlsarch's review of his P85+.

Exactly, do not have yet, but all want to know if the performance plus is worth it. Don't know until we get one in our anxious little hands.

- - - Updated - - -

@Rlsarch
Can you please post some pics too. I ordered Black/Black with grey wheels like you. I'm having second thoughts on the black. Would love real world photos with those wheels as opposed to the professional pics on the web with lighting that I would never reproduce. Thanks.

Can do, as soon as I take delivery. You can rest assure in that.

I agree. Even the wider rear wheels may be unnecessary. In the winter, I'd be using the 19's all around anyway. Perhaps we can buy the upgrade without the wheels & tires. I'd like to come close to the feel of my 456 GT, and I think this would do it.

I should receive the P+ in 2-3 weeks. I asked about getting it with 19s but was told the 21s are part of the package and the car is 'tuned' for them. I did indicate I wanted to put 'snows' on it for 2-3 months but no snows available in 21s...So they told me they would put on 19s w/snows if I bought aftermarket, which I did. I have never owned an M5, but I had an S4 and a supercharged XF for a number of years...so I will give my impression when I have a chance to put the P+ thru it's paces.

I should receive the P+ in 2-3 weeks. I asked about getting it with 19s but was told the 21s are part of the package and the car is 'tuned' for them. I did indicate I wanted to put 'snows' on it for 2-3 months but no snows available in 21s...So they told me they would put on 19s w/snows if I bought aftermarket, which I did. I have never owned an M5, but I had an S4 and a supercharged XF for a number of years...so I will give my impression when I have a chance to put the P+ thru it's paces.

I bought a set of 19 snow tires and wheels from Tesla. Before I did I had them check with engineering that I wouldn't have any issues with the upgraded suspension come winter time.