Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 is in my opinion, a total waste of money compared to the regular 85 kw version!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP,

It seems to me that Tesla is something completely unique. Perhaps literally a corporate unicorn, whose prime directive is a better world. And the more money the good folks on TMC and beyond throw at TSLA, the sooner the world can get the marvel that the Roadster and the S suggests the Gen3 will be. Perhaps it may only speed up the Gen3 launch by a couple of weeks, but even so – it can simply not roll onto a street near you soon enough.

And it’s not “Alcatraz”, it’s plastic. So yeah, that part I don’t really get either – I’ll give you that…

I agree. This same OP (Grey on Grey) told me in another thread today that my avatar is "the wrong logo for the Canucks!" He then went on to explain when the Canucks used the logo, what the new logo is, etc. as if I didn't know... :rolleyes: I took the time to reply to him, like a fish taking the bait. Now I see he probably did that just to get me going - like he did here. A fair question is what is the advantage of a P85 over a regular 85. That makes sense and having just ordered a regular 85 I would find it interesting to hear from those with a P85 to see what I'm missing. It may not make sense to me to pay the extra cost for it, but to each their own and more power to those who ordered one (literally!). If Grey on Grey is not a troll, then he must be jealous of those with the P85, which is why he lashed out. Either way, he looks bad.

get a leaf.
why would you want to drive 200 miles?

oh, just a thought...my car was $100K ....now $118k if new
did I do bad?

Doubt the 85 autocrosses as badass as the p85 staggered on 19"s

wait a minute....cars are a total waste of money, period.
ride a camel
drive a bicycle
walk
run

Just a thought

You are missing the point. Why have a car at all. I mean, you could save a lot of money by walking everywhere. What if you lose your hands, feat and ability to drive, think about all the money you wasted... however if i had no feat, i couldn't walk... but you get my point.

Dear Fellow TESLA FANS (or FANATICS!),
One thing that all of us have in common is a love for our Tesla's regardless of sport/non-sport, 40/60/85/85/85P+. The spirit of this community is amazing as well as the ingenuity of the owners with regard to making aftermarket options, OVMS/Teslatatler and now some figuring out how to repair the out of warranty Roadster batteries! Everyone is allowed their opinion whether Troll, vole or mole:p
Truth be told we love our Tesla's and we support each other in ways that I never imagined possible on a website like this. Let people make fun of us - WHO CARES? We know what we have and we never claim perfection. Only the joy of driving our special toys. Have a good night and keep on keepin' on!

With human nature being what it is we tend to think our own choices are the correct ones and any other choice is hard to justify.

That said, I can't imagine why anyone would get a configuration other than a fully loaded 60kwh!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin: kidding!!!!!

Why on earth do people buy the P85 version instead of the much cheaper Regular 85?
I bought the regular one and it is fast enough as it blows anything off the street as is.
Paying an extra $30,000 for this feature with Alcatraz, whatever, headliner, seat lining with suede etc is for people who know how to blow their money away!
Someday you might regret it should you come into Financial problems later!

Just a thought!

Wow. Why on earth do people feel the need to be so judgmental of others?

...ride a camel...

I would say even a P85 with excessive toe-out, mismatched tire pressures, loose lug nuts, Goodyear 19's, and under hard acceleration will be easier to handle than a camel...

camel.png

I would say even a P85 with excessive toe-out, mismatched tire pressures, loose lug nuts, Goodyear 19's, and under hard acceleration will be easier to handle than a camel...

View attachment 38347

love nibble.

in all serious though - when I ordered my P85 the price was cheaper AND it included a lot of "free" things that are now optional and much more expensive to purchase today. I am lucky I purchased when I did because I probably could not justify the cost of the identically configured P85 today (its about $13k-$15k more, not including tax (depends on where you live, no sales tax in NJ for ZEVs). The value was well worth it then. If I had to order today, I'd probably be stuck getting the S85 with less optiosn too. I also don't think the price increases for the options themselves are worth it (except for tech package). everything else - no. $2500 for extended nappa trim and $1000 for premium lighting are probably the most absurd. $2500 for sound studio is ridiculous too as it was barely worth the ~$1k before IMO. I'm glad I have everything - but like I said I wouldn't pay today's prices for it. That extra $15k for today's price also would have priced it out of the market for me so lucky I ordered when I did. I feel for all the new buyers though...

The funny thing is - 'grey on grey' makes a bold statement....and he is nowhere to be found.

Stirring the pot ;)....but IMHO...people have options...whether they choose to exercise them, is up to them.

I am sure if you ask anyone with a P85+...they would say, "no brainier"...but you also have to see where they are coming from.

Some people would be happy with a 60, if they are comparing other EV or coming from a practical car like -accord, camary....but try asking someone that has driven a M3/5 or AMG...different class.

Anyone's....point is everyone has different wants (I would say needs, but then no one really 'needs' a MS)...