Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 is in my opinion, a total waste of money compared to the regular 85 kw version!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks :biggrin:. That pic's been cracking me up all week. I got it from an article about where not to take 'selfies' "...and never anywhere near a camel".

That is pretty funny.
I almost said Mule/Donkey in the first place but usually mix up which is mountable and thought riding a Camel is much cooler!

It just came to me, maybe the op meant a 'Petrol 85' not P85 and was confused?

OP's opinion doesn't bother me. I got the P85 because I wanted the accelleration. I didn't get P85+ because I don't use the full accelleration (except in straight-line demonstrations). I'm happy with what I have and lucky that I could pay the $10k extra without worrying about it.

In my humble opinion posting your subjective opinion is a waste of space. Not all MS owners are looking for the practical side - My Audi goes 0-60 in about 5 seconds. So if I would listen to you I would get a MS that is not faster...After spending all this money?? WTF??

Many model S owners have had very serious sports cars before. So they want an upgrade. Can you comprehend that? And maybe you don't realize this but Model S is also present in Europe... I am 150 km away from german highways where I can push the car to the max something you guys in the states can only dream about.

So tell me again why I would listen to you? Cause you wanted the "bargain deal" - good for you! I wanted the fastest acceleration and best handling possible- thats why I ordered P85+. Nothing against the regular 85 or 60 for that mater but handling is far from great in a non + MS

Have fun with your 85 and let others have fun with their P models.- I really dislike folks who believe they know whats good for everybody else- YOU DON'T. Let's leave it at that.

handling is far from great in a non + MS

Is a person's experience of a non + MS's handling subjective? I think so. So perhaps take your own advice:

In my humble opinion posting your subjective opinion is a waste of space.

I don't agree that posting a subjective opinion is a waste of space (but some are - like the OP) but I do find it funny that you fail to see the irony in your own post.

I strongly disagree that the handling of a non + MS is "far from great". Then again, I only had one test drive of a car similar to the one I ordered: non plus 85. I found the handling great.

actually i saved money going to a P85 because i got my car before all the pricing restructuring,

that means i got the Alcantara Head liner (ultra suede), the LED upgrades, the carbon fiber trim and some other tid bits all included in the price.

now if i got the same car i would be paying thousands of dollars more, im SUPER happy i got the Performance model.

that and i like the acceleration :) i probably would not go for a P85+ simply because those tires are prohibitively expensive to replace (i dont make 6 figures like most people on here so the ongoing budget does need to be a little tighter)

P85 model S as opposed to the regular 85kw model in my opinion, is a waste of money!

Hello,

I am appalled at the number of P85 owners compared to the regular MODEL.
You pay $15,000.00 more just to get about one and a half seconds faster in the 0-60 mph range?
No one will ever know the difference. The regular 85kw version will easily out race any car out there as it is.
I think people need to look at themselves in the mirror and say, do I really need this?
On my 85 kw model, when it comes next month, I might order from ebay, a "P85" number that may have come off a wreck that someone is trying to sell.

So there, I will have my P85 and save a ton of money too!

Hmmm...a strong presentation of your opinion here. P vs. regular is the only remaining question for me as I await my April delivery. It's so difficult to find any reviews of the standard model out there...heck, even just a P85 rather than P85+. All major reviewers are handed a P85+ to review. There are a couple of YouTube 0-60 comparisons P85 vs regular, but that's about it. I keep on thinking I might regret not getting the P85, but then I look at more than 10 grand USD to go there, and I say, "enough."