Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 Loaner Cars! Sweet!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ken830, I am taking my car in for its first scheduled Tesla service end of this week at Menlo Park and was told I would be getting a loaner. They were supposed to get in a fleet of Model S loaners this week or last. I'll let you know what happens after I drop the car off. Keeping my fingers crossed it is a P85+, so I can compare it to my P85.

Yes. Please let me know. And if you get a loaner, bring it back by Monday morning, so I can get it!

For the record, I got a Blue P85 loaner from the Dallas SC, running 4.5 (1.33.48), VIN7668. MUCH better than messing around with Enterprise! Also for the record, regular headliner (not Alcantara) and no springy bits in the cup holders. Only other difference I noticed was that the carpet inlay for the center console space was more of a felt, whereas mine just feels the same as all the other carpet in the car.

Oh, speed restricted to 80mph too.

Just got a loaner in Scottsdale. A regular 85 with cloth, air, solid roof and 19"...hmmm. The car had 120 miles on it when I got it. I have a "40" with pano, leather and 20" aftermarket wheels (all show and less go). Definitely prefer my car, can't tell the difference between suspensions except the air makes more noise. I had chosen the pano for headroom based on sitting in a solid roof car at a store. Either they changed something or I didn't adjust the seat in the store car, because there is plenty of headroom. The extra performance is noticeable in the 85, although only when maxed out (there's no speed limiter on the loaner I have btw). Disappointed it wasn't a P85, but it was still pretty sweet to have the car valeted to my house.

Yes. Please let me know. And if you get a loaner, bring it back by Monday morning, so I can get it!

I did get a Model S loaner - a 60 that is new and the owner decided they would upgrade. I was given a choice between that one and a Roadster. Unfortunately my car is going to be in for service thru at least Monday, and the service advisor mentioned it has been tough to hold on to the loaners as they keep getting purchased.

Not very pleased.

Dropped off my MS; hoped to get a P85 loaner. Got this instead. :D

aga9yrus.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk.

Ranger is coming to pick up my Model S on July 3rd for 12k service and several lingering minor issues (driver's side vent, steering wheel click, etc.) and will have the car over the entire July 4th weekend and into the next week. I knew St.Louis service has a white Model S Perf loaner and specifically enquired as to whether they'd be able to leave it for me. Unfortunately the service advisor wasn't very confident that it would be available since they've had to loan it quite a lot apparently. I reinforce my desire to have it, particularly for the long weekend and time they'll have my car.

We'll see...they offered Enterprise as the alternative if they can't get me the S, but I'll just drive my Prius rather than bother with a full fuel rental. Clearly they need several more loaners.

Just today was given a Silver P85 for a loaner. And then the work went long and have to keep it overnight. Rockville MD now has four. This one was brand new! 24 miles. Almost doesn't seem right. Speed limited? Since it just came in they may not have gotten around to that yet. I'll check.

The San Rafael service center was out of loaners this morning when I went in to get a sticky frunk latch fixed so the valet had to give me a ride back to work in my own car. Imagine my surprise when he pulled up to my work to pick me up in a shiny red P85! It had the sunroof and alcantara and something like 3,400 miles, but I couldn't see the VIN from the passengers seat. I thought he was coming to get me in my car again since the app showed my car in motion, but it turns out they had just finished my car and were detailing it. Anyway, San Rafael just got their red P85 loaner back so now might be a good time to get any service you need done there. Although you better hurry if you want a loaner since I got the impression the two loaners they have isn't nearly enough.