Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 modded to be a P85 w/Ludicrous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@wk057,

You never cease to amaze us.

I am envisioning a fun RWD track car, with stripped interior, racing seats and harness, roll cage, and suspension mods. Add P100 DL pack and improved cooling for the motor and inverter. Something like a Porsche GT2 RWD Turbo track car. This would not only be great toy, but also an image enhancer for Tesla Motors and EVs in general.

GSP

I've been offered positions at Tesla, but I refuse to move to California. Apparently that's a deal breaker. Besides, probably wouldn't be as much fun. :)

The front frame rails are totally different on the RWD cars. It would take extensive modification to do so. Certainly not impossible, but would need way more power available to even bother. A P100D cant even max out a small front and large rear, let alone two large DUs.

Not just software hacks. The pack is actually a Ludicrous pack now. The motor is a recent warranty swap that happened to be a P85D compatible unit that is the same revision as was in my P85D. So, overall, should be perfectly fine. Definitely kissed those warranties goodbye, though.

With the knowledge and talent you have who needs warranties:)?

I'd love to see the service personnel's reaction if you brought it in some time, as if it was just your plain old vanilla P85.

I've asked this so we can all see the surprise, but due to privacy concerns, they can't divulge this. Hopefully one time @wk057 is heading there I can swing by as the service center isn't too far away. If not, I may just need to drive up again and be damn impressed again!

Reactions: Drucifer