TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P85+ OptiCoat Pro application in Calgary

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mayhemm, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

While I was in Calgary recently, I had OptiCoat Pro applied to my P85+. It was handled with due care and professionalism by Carlos Baca of DetailingBliss.

20140718_172724.jpg DJH_7872.jpg DJH_7874.jpg

The process took 2 days as the car was done from top to bottom. OptiCoat was even applied to the wheels and glass (with OptiGlass) but the price was still quite decent.

DJH_7876.jpg DJH_7877.jpg

I highly recommend him if you are considering OptiCoat Pro or CQuartz Finest application for your Tesla.

A detailed writeup of the process (with photos) can be found here.

2. In2oil

In2oil Member

looks amazing.. When I get back in town, I'll have it done for sure! Where was the picture taken on you last photo. It doesn't look like I place I am familiar with. I believe the first picture is in the north east hotel, however I can't recall seeing a sun county charger at a hardware store in Calgary! Ty

3. Mayhemm

Busted! Most of these photos were taken at the Ramada Plaza Airport Hotel in NE Calgary (where we stayed while in the city). They have an L2 charger in the loading area just off the main entrance. After the detail work was complete, we headed west into BC to try out the Supercharger in Squamish. The last photo was taken at the Home Hardware in Golden, BC where we charged en route. I just liked the framing of that image and it showed off that OptiCoat gloss pretty well, so I included it.

4. In2oil

In2oil Member

I must ask.. What was the cost of the opti coat? My tesla a black and I was considering putting a full 3m on it! Not sure yet if I will drive the car in the winter, yet I am quite tempted. I'll have to buy some 19inch rim or 20 for the winter.
    Congrats. The car looks amazing.

What are the greatest benefit of opti coat. Does the paint becomes hydrophobic?

5. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

We'll be the judge of that. Now spit it out... how much?!

(PS. It does look good!)

6. Mayhemm

PM Sent.

Thanks, BTW.