Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 owner traded to P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is really not doing anything wrong here. They are in the car business which means they provide the luxury of trading your car into them for a price. Reselling retail is always better than trading in wholesale but then you have to deal with buyers and sell your car.

Where Tesla could throw owners a bone is to all courtesy trades where you bring your retail buyer to Tesla and the title washes through Tesla's dealer license. In states like Florida, this service will save the MS owner 6% sales tax on the value of the trade in. It costs Tesla very little and can mean a lot to the owner.

Where Tesla could throw owners a bone is to all courtesy trades where you bring your retail buyer to Tesla and the title washes through Tesla's dealer license. In states like Florida, this service will save the MS owner 6% sales tax on the value of the trade in. It costs Tesla very little and can mean a lot to the owner.

I did that with them in Texas. Had an Audi trade, they worked my dealer to do an in and out, reflected the trade on the MVPA and I saved the 6% on the net sale of trade. Saved me $3K in taxes.

They did that for me when I bought my Model S. I sold my old car to my dad....