Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85+ prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering listing for sale (rather than trading in) my 2013 Tesla Model S P85+, but am having a difficult time filtering through various sites to get a sense for what would be a reasonable asking price relative to a P85 and P85D. Other than doing a "P85+" search on this forum (the few, recent results for which I've already reviewed), any recommendations for how I go about establishing some comps.? Thanks.

What sites have you tried?

If your car is in good shape, you're probably looking at $35-$40k. But that might even slide down another $5k with the recent announcement of the updated Model S, as that will push all used prices down a bit.

Good luck!

I'm amazed, just looked and found P85s (not the +) sub $35 with less then 70,000 miles. It's a two fold hit on values. These cars are not the refresh model and the announcement of the new one. It's will be a great time to be in the market if you're okay with the original look. Personally I know I'll be disappointed if I don't go with the refresh and next generation seats.

Good luck with you sale. I hope you get what you're looking for.

I looked at a 2013 p85+ yesterday with 55000 Miles and they want 35k for it. All options except ap.

http://www.definitivemotors.com/auto/used-2013-tesla-model-s-p85-performance-bellevue-wa/35621001/

There are of course a few issues just like any used car but with the noise the drive unit is making I'm hesitant to make an offer knowing how much of a headache dealing with Tesla service is in my area. Drivers seat is loose, trunk leaks, frunk leaks. It did however ride nice and the sunroof didnt seem to leak.

Last edited:
Thanks, all. The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking about ordering an upgraded S per yesterday's announcement. (I know the interior refresh is "imminent" but I'm less interested in that as I am with the powertrain and suspension upgrades and free ludicrous mode.) I guess Tesla is already factoring that in to the trade-in values as they are offering $26,900 for mine sight unseen. However, mine is meticulously cared for with, among other things, paint protective film surrounding the hood, side and rear impact points, opti-coated right when I bought it in 9/2013 and a custom installed radar detector with front and rear sensors and display installed in the center console area. I'll think about next steps, but I really appreciate everyone's input thus far. Thanks again.

, paint protective film surrounding the hood, side and rear impact points, opti-coated right when I bought it in 9/2013 and a custom installed radar detector with front and rear sensors and display installed in the center console area.

None of that matters for trade-in value. $0. Also, the opti-coat pro is long gone by now. The PPF is will help a little bit in the private market. If I were you, I'd definitely remove the radar detector before trading it in. It also has little value in the private resale market, very few buyers care that much. I paid a shop about $350 to remove my Bell STir unit from my P85+, and another $1k to re-install it into my P85D. Money well spent, since I wouldn't have made that back when selling the P85+ with it.

And just for reference, I sold my P85+, with the 8 year/100k ESA warranty and 8 year service plan in 2017 for $65k. :eek:

With the last 6 months or so of 75d cars being basically as quick as a P85 and similar range etc. P85 + or not have tanked hard in value. Have a 2014 P85 myself wish I was buying today instead of mid 2017. I got a reasonable deal at the time but since the value has tanked.

I have a P85+ and was going to trade as well, but realized it's a better deal to keep the car and pass it off to my kids down the road, in another year or so I will have over 100K miles on my 2014 and then I suspect the price will really tank, but the car has been bulletproof and a dream to drive. The new P100D is catching my attention with the new range increase and suspension. The negative is they nixed the sunroof and carbon fiber trim - thats when I applied the brakes on the new purchase and now will look at the used market.