Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85+ Sleeping only certain times?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I am trying to understand how this car chooses when to sleep, and when to be on standby. When i park my car for the night lets say around 6pm without plugging in with a range of 250 miles available - the car sometimes shows its sleeping and sometimes it does not. I know this because the widget on my iPhone 10XS MAX shows it was ' asleep " 20 mins ago. I can hit refresh to wake it up ( which i dont ) and sometimes the same situation, it doesn't show this.

What is the behavior of this? Naturally, i would like the car to sleep whenever i leave it in park for the night or even at work when im not using it. I want it to only use a few miles per night as people claim, but mine takes up to 10 miles in some cases. I do not have any other apps besides Tesla.

my car has not been sleeping much for a long time. I only have 3g and no wifi and I think it is the car trying to download V9. Asked Tesla and that is all I / we could think of. I am losing up to 14 miles on a cold day. Definitely not normal if the car sleeps like it should but it only sleeps for a few minutes at a time ever

my car has not been sleeping much for a long time. I only have 3g and no wifi and I think it is the car trying to download V9. Asked Tesla and that is all I / we could think of. I am losing up to 14 miles on a cold day. Definitely not normal if the car sleeps like it should but it only sleeps for a few minutes at a time ever

I am getting similliar numbers between 7 to 10. I have wifi and v9 already. Not sure what else i can do but maybe perform a reset some how. Nobody seems to know why. It is pretty darn cold here in NY ( 20 degrees at night and 40 by day this week ) so that could be it also.