Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85+ suspension, is it any harder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, quite a bit stiffer than a regular 85. But nowhere near as stiff as a March production P85D which is the only month with the really really thick anti sway bars not found after or before. Talk about luck of the draw. Anyone want to swap me sway bars :)

I might be an outlier, but all Teslas feel the same to me as far as stiffness and bumps go, when driving in a straight line. The difference is that in turns, an 85/85D feels more "wallowy" compared to a P85+. Try for yourself - drive 65mph on a highway, and do a hard lane change. The 85/85D, once in the destination lane, will squirm, or bounce once or twice, then settle. The P85+ will stay level, and planted.

If you drive normally, you won't really notice much of a difference. That is, to appreciate an M5, you must drive it hard enough so a 528i would struggle.

Then again, I'm the biggest P85+ nut there is, so take what you will.

Air springs are the same. Bars and shock valving (damping) is different. See lolachampcar modifications thread for shock dyno comparison of P85 and P85+ dampers. Most all the difference is in the fronts which is part of the reason the + turns in better.

I looked into re-valving the dampers very early on and found they were not "rebuildable". No one had spent the money to have custom valved units produced so there were no aftermarket options. Of course, this was three years ago and I have not canvased the market since.