TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

P85 to P85+ Conversation

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ProjectMM, Aug 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ProjectMM

ProjectMM Member

Hello everyone, I am looking to get a parts list together about what is needed to change a P85 to a P85+.
    I have allready gotten the 21staggered turbine rims. But now I'm looking for other parts needed to complete the transformation.

also is there a fix for the rear camber adjustment. I have read that there was a bolt kit available. But cant find a dealer that has any. Thanks for the help.

2. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

If you search these forums, one of two of these threads have a details parts list from tesla from people who have requested the upgrade from tesla. All kind of suspension links and bolts. I'm too lazy to search for you :/. The upgrade itself was about $23k in parts including the tires and rims.

3. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Ok so I'm not so lazy today. Here ya go: enyvagad.jpg

4. ProjectMM

ProjectMM Member

Wow, thanks. I searched and didn't find all that info. Thanks. And part numbers. Just what the doctor ordered. Lol or shoud I say just what the mechanic ordered!
    Are the bolts to adjust the camber the bolts listed on the bottom? Thanks for all the info.

5. pimp-boy

pimp-boy Member

Unless you are upgrading it through one of their service centers, I don't think they will sell you the individual parts to make it a DIY. They are very "controlling" in how they issue parts for something like this. If you are able to, then you found yourself a flexible service advisor.

6. dennis

dennis P85D

+1

They will not sell you the parts separately. You can only get the upgrade done by having a Tesla SC do the work and paying them for the parts and labor.

7. ProjectMM

ProjectMM Member

I know a technician that could get me the parts, and a service advisor that would help me out also. The only issue that I see would be reprogramming the modules after the install. I am a very lucky owner!

8. dennis

dennis P85D

PM sent

9. theheff

theheff Member

This is great info, thanks. I might upgrade my P85 to some of this, if possible, by skipping out on the wider rear wheels. I'm more interested in the suspension differences.