Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85+ vs. Audi S8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am replacing my 2008 Audi S8 with a P85+. Just came back from picking up the Model S, and I have to say, Holy Crap!!! The S8 is no slouch, and until this morning, a fantastic and fun car, with plenty of grunt. I had thought of keeping both, but no more. The instant response, the immediate Tesla grin, ... unbelievable. Wasn't sure how much I would miss the Audi, but I have to say after driving the Model S for about an hour, not much. I will give some more direct comparisons soon.

In the mean time, need to clean up the S8 for sale. Anyone looking for one?

I allways wanted an S6/8 or a similar kind. My problem is they are taxed beyond any reason in my country, and I'd get the maintainance+fuel costs on top. For me it's a nobrainer (with no taxes on the TMS, it's like selling water in the desert).

Thankyou for your input, it makes me more confortable with my P+ choice.

Would you say you would go for a TMS P85+ over your S8 even if running costs would be the same for both cars?
If I understood you correctly, you would?

Dont get me wrong, the S8 is an awesome car. The P85+ has such instant go, it makes you forget ICE'd cars. Still giddy, so give me a few days and I will give a more thorough comparison.

I allways wanted an S6/8 or a similar kind. My problem is they are taxed beyond any reason in my country, and I'd get the maintainance+fuel costs on top. For me it's a nobrainer (with no taxes on the TMS, it's like selling water in the desert).

Would you say you would go for a TMS P85+ over your S8 even if running costs would be the same for both cars?

I just traded out of a 2008 S6 (V-10 engine 435 hp). The S6 was incredibly fast, but the P85 is a whole new kind of speed. I can't speak for the +, but the P85 is a significant step up on acceleration at all speed levels. I do miss the S6 seats though. I think Audi performance seats are still the best.