Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85+ with 19 inch tires...ok?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I'm in the market for a used S and was considering a p85+ that comes with 2 sets of wheels (19 and 21). I heard about the tire issues that are prevalent with the 21s. Would they be alleviated with 19s? Is it ok to have 19s on most or all of the time or is the car designed to have 21s? Any issue with suspension or anything else? Lastly is p85+ with 19s> or = to p85? I dont want to be stuck with a money pit.

Thanks for everyones help and advice.

I have a P85+ with 21's. I simply love my car and the set up. I must admit that there are times that I wish I had gone with 19's. But the look of those 21's...

19's are perfectly fine on that car. You will get probably 50-100% more miles (NOT kidding), your ride will be quieter and smoother. But you will lose a bit in handling. If you drive moderately aggressively or more calmer, they will be great tires for you. That's the way almost all of us drive, though we hate to admit it. The 21's are great. They handle like a dream. But I pay for it in ride, sound and...cost. To me, I am willing to do it.

So play with the 21's in the summer after they have fixed those damn potholes (Yankee here) and put the 19's on in September. That's the best of both worlds.

Have fun!